Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

anyone had there ve software updated and how much did they charge

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
has anyone had a update on there software on there VE. have a 07 SV6 and was thinking of getting software update. been told some fixes were done not sure if its worth it. i know some some of the newer Ve did updates for the IQ system. any advice is it worth it.

thanks in advance.

dmp8810

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SV6
I also have to get "needed updates" on my 07 SV6 sedan.But holden will want to charge an hours labour to "check if my vehicle" needs the updates, and if it does- charge ANOTHER hours labour to do the updates so theres approx $250 straight away.Ive checked on this by the way. SURFERS CITY HOLDEN gold coast.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
seriously... takes half an hour to update the 4 main modules in the car, $70 max.
amazing how many other dealers scare off their customers with ridiculous pricing for stuff that should be done as part of general servicing.
sh#ts me off cos cos gives the dealers who actually help their customers a bad name.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Unless theres issues with the car the updates dont give you anything worth paying for.

dmp8810

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SV6
yeah so thats from the above mentioned dealer, mines got only 1 software issue- ESP. Other then that its fine. Normal VE problems=no surprise.

Reaction score
Members Ride
9th Consecutive Commodore: VEII
I was charged about $200 at Heartland Parramatta and it didn't do jack.

I was told "should" fix the stability control flashing up, the climate control being too softly-softly, and a few other niggles.

Like I said it didn't do anything.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Sounds like the ESP issue is common. Mine seems to occur when approaching 1 particular round about in certain conditions.

Go figure.