Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone have a trick

M

magnumv8

I disagree zersys, I'v had mine in for a couple of months and no problems-the black on the padlocks is wearing but the function is fine.

magunta

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
i cut out a button from and old remote control cut it to size and gently superglued it in

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
OP I'd recommend getting some genuine replacements as the fleabay replacement ones are incredibly ****. I don't usually buy cheapy sorta stuff like this but decided it to give it a go. Got a pack of four and they all caved in/didn't press properly after a few weeks.

Luckily my key was starting to fail anyway, so I had to buy a whole new one. Still in top nick after six months and will never go the cheap **** again.

Ive had mine on the berlina key for almost two years and they are still going strong

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
It sms they rely on you not opening the key head.... I replaced the battery at the same time on mine and so I cut the the old buttons away but I also took out the part that glue the old buttons on. Well it seems they need that extra thickness because they never stayed in place and would always fall back into the key!

zersys

Bolt Snapper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II/BMW '02 E39 530i
It sms they rely on you not opening the key head.... I replaced the battery at the same time on mine and so I cut the the old buttons away but I also took out the part that glue the old buttons on. Well it seems they need that extra thickness because they never stayed in place and would always fall back into the key!

This probably explains why mine had also failed lol.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
yes...sometimes overachieving results in FAIL.

Greasy Hands

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
YV II Acclaim, non daily.
i tried the push in replacement buttons but they kept falling out. (high friction pants?)

for under 10 bucks you can get 2 new aftermarket complete shells, if your handy you can make your key look as new for 2 fifths of f/all. I used the original screws and glued the shell together too. I did also replace the batteries at the same time though but not always necessary.

If your not handy, go with the push in buttons. (or alternatively, bend over and take it from your friendly local holden dealer for a new genuine key)