Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone have a trick

Filb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sedan+ wifes VYII wagon.
Hi guys i just got a set of buttons for my keys from fleabay (old ones are stuffed almost non existant) and was wondering how i get the old left over buttons out and put the new ones in any tricks here ?

Filb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sedan+ wifes VYII wagon.
What color did you buy?
i bought 1 set silver 1 set blue 1 set red and 1 set yellow

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Sounds like you have the lot... Been thinking of getting green..

M

magnumv8

I used tweezers-took a little bit of time and the green buttons look good and work great.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I think a lot of people press the key buttons too hard, and this is what breaks the button covers. Id had my new key for 2 years, and then my young bloke was driving the car, and in this time, hes broken both the button covers from pressing too hard. Ive only ever pressed the buttons very lightly so this didnt happen. Ive had my current new key now for 3 years and the covers are still as good as the day I got it..

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I think people with long nails (trying not to be sexist here) can also be detrimental to the buttons.

zersys

Bolt Snapper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II/BMW '02 E39 530i
OP I'd recommend getting some genuine replacements as the fleabay replacement ones are incredibly ****. I don't usually buy cheapy sorta stuff like this but decided it to give it a go. Got a pack of four and they all caved in/didn't press properly after a few weeks.

Luckily my key was starting to fail anyway, so I had to buy a whole new one. Still in top nick after six months and will never go the cheap **** again.