Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone heard of SSW Fanatic S009 wheels?

ruski2

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Pontiac GTO A4
Hi all.

I have a 2005 Pontiac GTO in the US. Same thing as Holden Monaro.

Someone is offering to me these wheels for a good price, he used to have them on his 2004 GTO and they seemed to have worked fine for him, but I don't know his driving habits.

They are 8x18JJ with 245/40/18 tires on them. When I tried them on, the rears rubbed on the fender lip.

I did then asked around and looked on the inside of the spokes and they have 38mm offset, whereas stock 18" wheels have 48mm offset. So basically these tires are sticking out 10mm too much and no wonder they rub (I don't know how this guy drove his GTO with them and didn't notice anything).

So I did more Googling and found these tires sold on some Aussie and NZ websites, but none of them have 38mm offset.

So I came here to ask whether anyone on this forum knows anything about these tires.

I haven't measured the bore hole yet, but I have a feeling that it is larger than the standard GTO/Monaro/Commodore hub. I believe ours is 68mm, and all these tires I found that are being sold are listed with 75mm bore hole.

Here is one website selling them:
Stamford Tyres - Wheels - SSW - Exclusive - S009 Fanatic

exclusive-S009-lg.jpg

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
So I came here to ask whether anyone on this forum knows anything about these tires.

Are you asking about the wheels or the tyres? :confused:

Short answer: Don't buy them because the offset is wrong for your car.

ruski2

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Pontiac GTO A4
Wheels. Somehow my fingers incorrectly typed "tires" here and there :)

I have been trying to figure out whether anything can be done.

They don't really stick out because of extra 10mm offset.

The wrong offset actually works pretty nicely for the front - our stock tires tend to be too close to the front struts.

Or are you saying that the wrong offset will mess up my suspension?

I was only concerned about the rear fender lip rubbing and was hoping that stiffer rear springs may be the ticket. I don't feel like rolling or grinding the fender lip, although many GTO owners do just that when they want to put bigger rear wheels/tires on their cars.

And also I was hoping to find out here if someone knows something about these wheels - do they all have the same 75mm bore? And if anyone put them on a Commodore, were the hub rings necessary?

ruski2

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Pontiac GTO A4
hmmm... looks like even in the birth country of these wheels no one knows anything about them :)