Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone know about chest pain?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I don't think its anything to worry about. I get it about once a month. Plus i hate going to the doctor. If its something serious i will go see him. Dr pissed me off once when he wanted me to take more different medicines. I said more ******* medicine, then walked out.

Do they have ambulance subscriptions in Tassie?
Make sure you're a member.
Its scary enough being a passenger in an ambulance, even scarier when you get the bill...

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Its scary enough being a passenger in an ambulance, even scarier when you get the bill...

A 30km ride would have cost me $480. If I wasn't a pensioner and had full private insurance.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
A 30km ride would have cost me $480. If I wasn't a pensioner and had full private insurance.

Double that, then add $160 for a 20km trip in Melbourne...

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Mate , take it from someone who knows get it checked out . Ask for a stress test so the condition of your heart can be monitored. I was the same as you hate going to the docs unless i am dying . Four and a half years ago i had some mild chest pain for a few days and just dismissed it as heartburn . I ended up having a massive heart attack and was lucky to survive the ordeal. The paramedics said another 5 minutes and it would have been all over.
Flippin heck Dayvo.
Glad you got it sorted mate.
What have you changed since then in your life to prevent reoccurring? Diet? Exercise?

Immortality & Losh, have a look into apple cider vinegar. I think it is supposed to correct gut acid and avoid reflux issue. I could be wrong though.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hopefully, once surgery is done I can get off the pain pills and crap and that will settle the gut down a bit more.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Losec or omeprazole?
Doc gave me a course of Omeprazole too as I had a cough for a few months and a sore throat aloma with it which he suggested is likely a reflux issue.
Cough got better. I read online a list of foods that can cause reflux and coffee was a bad one. So I cut down on the coffee to about 4 a week and it has drastically improved. Any more coffee than that and I start coughing again ;(
Sucks balls but glad It is manageable. ( He says holding a double cappuccino )

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Do they have ambulance subscriptions in Tassie?
Make sure you're a member.
Just stick a red light on top of the ute ( if you're conscious enough to drive )
A few older guys I knew died of sudden heart attacks in their late 50s and 60s. Like there one minute gone the next.
Heart issues are one thing you don't want to **** about with.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Flippin heck Dayvo.
Glad you got it sorted mate.
What have you changed since then in your life to prevent reoccurring? Diet? Exercise?

Immortality & Losh, have a look into apple cider vinegar. I think it is supposed to correct gut acid and avoid reflux issue. I could be wrong though.
I have cut down my sugar and salt intake , I do alot more walking and stopped smoking . I had a stent put in as one artery was completely blocked and have a stress test every 12 months.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Doc gave me a course of Omeprazole too as I had a cough for a few months and a sore throat aloma with it which he suggested is likely a reflux issue.
Cough got better. I read online a list of foods that can cause reflux and coffee was a bad one. So I cut down on the coffee to about 4 a week and it has drastically improved. Any more coffee than that and I start coughing again ;(

I've been on that **** for years. I can go a few days without but not longer. I too have cut back on the coffee but I gotta have one vice, I have up booze many moons ago.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

I've been on that **** for years. I can go a few days without but not longer. I too have cut back on the coffee but I gotta have one vice, I have up booze many moons ago.

I can no longer drink JD's or Beam Black just too hard it kills me. Need to take 40mg of the gear if I do. I drink a bit of coffee but I like Immortality need to have something nice to drink. I have had to cut back on fizzy cordial because that is bad, anything spicy I take a tablet before hand and another a few hours later. I suffer if I eat too much bread and bananas are bad too if I have anymore than 1 or 2 a day.