Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone know about chest pain?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I have cut down my sugar and salt intake , I do alot more walking and stopped smoking . I had a stent put in as one artery was completely blocked and have a stress test every 12 months.

Sounds like a common theme. I gave up fizzy's for the most part (being the major source of sugar), salt as much as is reasonably possible. Less processed foods, more grains etc. I've lost about 20kg from my heaviest after my accident and ride a bike to work. Resting heart rate is down, blood pressure is down (needs a little more work though), weight is down and life is looking good :)

I can no longer drink JD's or Beam Black just too hard it kills me. Need to take 40mg of the gear if I do. I drink a bit of coffee but I like Immortality need to have something nice to drink. I have had to cut back on fizzy cordial because that is bad, anything spicy I take a tablet before hand and another a few hours later. I suffer if I eat too much bread and bananas are bad too if I have anymore than 1 or 2 a day.

I only take 20mg per day, always before breakfast (even when breakfast is at 3pm before night shift). I found taking it on an empty stomach was bad and stuffed up my gut even more.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Doc told me I should take it with the first mouthful of food at either breakfast or dinner so it sounds like you came to the same conclusion.
I'm off this dtstu for now. Hopefully it doesn't come back. Not sure what caused the reflux other than too many homemade cappuccinos. A few times I had these sudden choking fits where my airway closed up thanks to the acid. That was fucked up. Woke up in the middle of the night once, felt like I was choking to death. Mrs didn't like that

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Gees, you blokes. You're giving middle age a bad name.
I know we're all of a similar age but lifestyle has obviously played a part with our health. I'm 67 next week. The only serious surgery I've undergone was a gall bladder removal about twelve years ago after suffering increasingly severe heartburn, then worse, for years. I've never smoked, never even been tempted to try it. I'm on blood pressure tablets to fight the inevitable age related increases. No coronary history though my dad died of a coronary at 69. My biggest health issue at present is two clapped out knees for which surgery is due later this year. I'm convinced that never smoking has been the main reason my general health has been so sound.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't think I've had bad health, more so injuries and prescribed meds that have killed my gut. My heart issues seem to have been stress induced but cleaning up the lifestyle has certainly improved my health and enjoyment. Unfortunately I can not undo the damage the prescription drugs did in my teens.

TBH, I'm healthier now than probably my whole 30's with just a few minor lifestyle changes. I guess with age comes wisdom...

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Heart problems...….pfftt.
What you young blokes need is more sex, drugs, and rock and roll.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
What's all that talk about being middle aged? I only just turned 40!

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Exactly, I'm only 41.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
40 and 41 you blokes are youngen's, I'm 48 this year and dreading what lies ahead in two years time.....

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
what lies ahead in two years time.....

730 days.

I raised the bat & saluted the crowd 10 days ago.

At the end of the day it is just a number on a page.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I got lucky 3 years ago. I fell 2.6 metres on a construction site. I did quite a bit of damage to my left shoulder and broke a rib. That wasn't the lucky bit. The lucky bit was when they did the xray's they found I had a dodgy kidney. I would not of known until it was possibly to late. After the operation I lost about 12 kilogram. My doctor said it was because of shock. My weight is as of this morning 83 kilograms. I'm 71 now so certainly no interest in going back to work. I recently broke bones in my hand so that has reduced my exercise routine. I am only doing a hour long walk in the morning, 1/2 hour on the rowing machine and 1/2 hour on the ab rocker. I was doing push ups and lifting weights, they are on hold until my hand gets better. heart rate at repose is in the mid forties. Blood pressure is normally around 120/65. Haven't smoked for about 35 years, don't drink because I can't get Waikato, many many years since I had a fizzy drink not for any health reason but because I don't like them. The saying you are what you eat is so true.