Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ANYONE KNOW ABOUT VP NITRONS

Commodore rookie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl commodore sl
Hi everyone

I brought a VP Nitron from Llyods auctions last year and wanted to know more information on it if possible as there’s no much on google sites .The previous owners have installed a super charge as well .

All that the info I could find was there is 50 made for region dealers But that’s about it .

If someone Could shed some light or information on this vehicle like where to find theserial number to confirm it’s a nitron out of the 50 is located ?and what they think it’s worth .

thanks heaps!!!

B47BF890-F3AB-43A4-BC47-4447B9216F9C.jpeg
5E390FE3-3053-443E-A057-D6E0FCAD34BC.jpeg
18754486-ED9D-46C5-B51A-C20AD7BAA9B0.jpeg

Reactions: Lex

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
VP never had the supercharged motor.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
They were made by HSV so I expect it should have a HSV build tag affixed somewhere to the body, in the engine bay?

Commodore rookie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl commodore sl
Hi Dave

it has HSV badges on the bonnet and boot and side skirts but could not see anything in the engine bay .

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Previous owner may have removed the HSV build plate. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but the HSV build plate will record the build number out of 50 cars your car is.

Commodore rookie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl commodore sl
We couldn’t find one inside or out. Some Hsv have the badges on the the passengers side dash But nothing . Like stated before who ever owned it before strapped a supercharge on it . So it’s currently at the mechanics. Had a Enginner look at it and I’m trying to get a rwc and get it on the road . Do you think it’s worth going through the effort of getting the RWC ?

I am a newbie at this so I’m not quite sure .

cheers

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
We couldn’t find one inside or out. Some Hsv have the badges on the the passengers side dash But nothing . Like stated before who ever owned it before strapped a supercharge on it . So it’s currently at the mechanics. Had a Enginner look at it and I’m trying to get a rwc and get it on the road . Do you think it’s worth going through the effort of getting the RWC ?

I am a newbie at this so I’m not quite sure .

cheers
Depends on what you need to spend to get a RWC, and how much you want the car- which for me would depend on whether it's a genuine HSV vehicle or not.