Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ANYONE KNOW ABOUT VP NITRONS

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis

Commodore rookie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl commodore sl
This one at Gray's online auctions back in Dec 2021. Claimed to be build #09.
https://www.grays.com/lot/0001-20009687/classic-cars/1992-hsv-vp-nitron-automatic-sedan-build-009
Has pics of GMH tags but not a HSV build plate.
The dash pad has an emblem 'HSV VP enhanced 114' .
Worthwhile comparing all the pics with your car.
Hi Dave

thanks for your help yeah I do have one of those dash plates will cross check when I get my car back . When I was searching online the only vp nitrons I could find was the red ones like the one I have with matching hsv badge on bonnet and stickers on the car but couldn’t find actual photos of the inside. In this photo the car looks the same as mine I even have one of the identical wheels in the boot. The info I could find said they made 50 for regional dealers and all they really did was put badges, stickers and a body kit on it, they didn’t modify the engine .
Cheers
201097E5-EFA6-4A7D-8E24-BEE9676A813C.jpeg

Commodore rookie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl commodore sl
Depends on what you need to spend to get a RWC, and how much you want the car- which for me would depend on whether it's a genuine HSV vehicle or not.

Hi mike

Yeah that’s why I’m trying to gather as much info as possible at the moment because there’s next to nothing really online . But I got it for a good price I think . But I’m not sure if Llyods auctions is that reputable as it was a nightmare getting the car I got the run around for two months to get the car even though I paid for the car straight away when I won the auctions anyways this is what they had on the auction.
18647FD1-358E-42EE-BA9D-6166BDEE2DFD.png

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Hi Dave

thanks for your help yeah I do have one of those dash plates will cross check when I get my car back . When I was searching online the only vp nitrons I could find was the red ones like the one I have with matching hsv badge on bonnet and stickers on the car but couldn’t find actual photos of the inside. In this photo the car looks the same as mine I even have one of the identical wheels in the boot. The info I could find said they made 50 for regional dealers and all they really did was put badges, stickers and a body kit on it, they didn’t modify the engine .
CheersView attachment 236443
From what I can gather the Nitron only came in Maranello Red (no two tone paint scheme), got the SS body kit, unique interior trim, upmarket options and SS alloys? as std but no mechanical performance enhancements.

Commodore rookie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl commodore sl
From what I can gather the Nitron only came in Maranello Red (no two tone paint scheme), got the SS body kit, unique interior trim, upmarket options and SS alloys? as std but no mechanical performance enhancements.

yes that’s what I’m gathering from the info a available online so I’m leaning towards it is one of the 50. Was hoping to cross reference with someone who owns one .

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
yes that’s what I’m gathering from the info a available online so I’m leaning towards it is one of the 50. Was hoping to cross reference with someone who owns one .
My suggestion is join that HSV Database I posted a link to in post #12.
Never know what valuable info you might find.