Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ANYONE KNOW ABOUT VP NITRONS

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Here you are, from the HSV The Innovators publication. Not a great example of a car with the HSV logo. They must have been really really hard up for business or exposure at the time.

Attachments

• VP001.jpg
    VP001.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 108
  • VP002.jpg
    VP002.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 119

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

Commodore rookie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl commodore sl
Here you are, from the HSV The Innovators publication. Not a great example of a car with the HSV logo. They must have been really really hard up for business or exposure at the time.
Hi mate

thanks heaps really appriciate it!!!! Going by what they published my steering wheel match , the front seats match . The sticker locations match and the mention of the inside door side panels match as well . So far so good .

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Hi mike

Yeah that’s why I’m trying to gather as much info as possible at the moment because there’s next to nothing really online . But I got it for a good price I think . But I’m not sure if Llyods auctions is that reputable as it was a nightmare getting the car I got the run around for two months to get the car even though I paid for the car straight away when I won the auctions anyways this is what they had on the auction. View attachment 236444

FYI:

6H8VPK19HNL577994
=
6H8 (GMH)
VP (Series)
K19H (Executive sedan 3.8 V6)
N (1992)
L (Adelaide)
577994 (plant sequential production number)

It may well be a genuine Nitron that a previous owner had the blower added to. It looks like they were mainly just a cosmetic touch up anyway. A lower body kit and wheels with a couple of stickers and a glove box lid. HSV probably never did a rivet-on tag for the engine bay if they didn't touch any mechanicals.

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Could an email to SVGM not provide an answer?

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
I think the hsv badges were put on by the previous owner along with the super charge
I am thinking the only HSV badge on the exterior of the car should be one on the rear panel under the passenger side tail light.
HSV Nitron.jpg

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
How did you go registering it with the later motor in it does it need an engineers inspection?

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
To answer your first question on what I think it's worth, given the HSV treatment is cosmetic only, I can't see it reaching normal HSV level prices- it's probably worth less than most 304 VP's in similar condition