Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone know how to put a POD Filter on a 1984 VK Executive??

SiLeNt-SoN

2000 WH Statesman
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 model WH statesman
Hey

A mate is giving me a pod filter for free, and was wondering how i put it on my 1984 vk executive??? I have been told by mats that putting it on a vk is alot harder and different to other models??

Any help.....?

Thanks.

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
is it carby or EFI?
EFI you need to get an adapter thing to go onto the air flow meter.. carby it wont go on without poking out the bonnet, unless you get a carb hat and run piping down to behind the headlight.. :unsure:

SiLeNt-SoN

2000 WH Statesman
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 model WH statesman
Carby!

It is carby,

There is room that i think i could jsut bolt it on at the end of the carby, but my battery is in the way, could i jsut move my battery and then hook it up to the end if the carby????

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
i wouldnt bother, putting a pod onto the end of the trumpet of your existing air filter would just mean the air would have to go through 2 filters instead of one..
why not get one of the big circle, flat air filters and bolt it onto the carby instead of the whole enclosed black one?

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
yeah, putting a pod on the snout of your air cleaner is just going to restrict your air flow even more from standard...
If carby, either use a sports air cleaner on to of your carb, or try the cold air intake setup off the 173 VH commies...

SiLeNt-SoN

2000 WH Statesman
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 model WH statesman
Well, i know mates with vk's that have pod filters on their vk's...... But yeah i think they got efi.... ****ing Carby's, Just wanted something cheap to get it sounding better, gotta save up for my sports exuast i suppose lol.... it will be about $400
Thanks anyways dudes....!

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
Exhaust is the way to go for some sound, or a nice lumpy cam...