Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
So why won't the panel beater track down this part? Are they going to reimburse you for your time and money getting this part, which would be as common as day turns to night?

It sounds very suspicious to me....If the panel shop is making claims like this, I'd be taking the car elsewhere for repairs....

Hi9901973

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 ssv redline wagon
I agree which is why I posted it to you guys. It’s like they want to write the car off and possibly keep it to me...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I agree which is why I posted it to you guys. It’s like they want to write the car off and possibly keep it to me...

If it was me, I'd either take it elsewhere or get onto the insurance company as @ephect suggested to put a rocket up their coit...Wanting to write a car off for a $300 part (and I think I'm being generous with the pricing) is bulldust...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Try getting onto this guy....He might let you know where he gets his VF Commodore parts from

EDIT: get the insurance company or lazy ass panel beaters to do it...They are getting paid to do the job, not you...

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Old mate probably trying to get your car written off so he can swipe it.
I had that exact thought.
How would that wrought go.
Assessor writes off known valuable cars. Insured customer gets sub par payout. Assessor buys the car for minimal cost. Makes a simple repair and sells at huge profit. Maybe in cahoots with someone who repairs cars.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Try getting onto this guy....He might let you know where he gets his VF Commodore parts from

EDIT: get the insurance company or lazy ass panel beaters to do it...They are getting paid to do the job, not you...
Best bloke. Ever.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Aren’t Holden supposed to support their vehicles for 10years now they have closed?

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
I think Fu Manchu is right on the money. Looking at that sticker that loom is made Yazaki, small chance it might be from Japan but more likely from Korea. Find the actual connector and jump onto mouser.com. They have anything you could ever need from a stock car. Just fill in a few filters and it’ll narrow the search down. They even have most things in stock and usually send out within a day or 2