Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone mounted the turbo down the line?

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
Cant think of the name for it now but alot of yanks do it this way and alot of v8's with no rom in the bay.
Basically they mount the turbochargers under the car down the line of the exhaust and run massive long piping and everything but its undetectable from the police.
We are sick of how gutless these things are so we are investigating either super or turbo charging the work ute.
As again we dont like spending money on it we thought instead of making up some custom manifolds why dont we just make a new flange at the end of the y pipe and bolt the turbo on there and just run long piping and oil lines?

Just wanted to know if anyone here as done it, if its doable on the vr/vs ute chassis and what the results where with lag issues from long piping an so on.
I know its a long shot asking here but its still worth a try

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
like so?

underneith.jpg

onground.jpg

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
shame you dont have a sedan you could mount it in the back seat like TTVN of streetcomms no lag if you do it right the worst thing is needing a scavange pump to pull the oil away from the turbo and pump it back to the sump and that the airfilters are under the car in the wet and dirt and will need cleaning regular

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
hope TTVN doesnt mind me stealing his pics its just such a cool setup i had to upload them

Attachments

• IMAGE_543.jpg
    IMAGE_543.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 149
  • IMAGE_409.jpg
    IMAGE_409.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 166
  • IMAGE_425.jpg
    IMAGE_425.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 135

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
easy install no manifolds needed etc.it did start off as a joke i think but turned into an awesome ride hes a finished pic to do it justice with all the plumbing finished and hidden

Attachments

• IMAGE_534.jpg
    IMAGE_534.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 120

helrzr925

Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed vr wagon 3.8L
i've seen pictures from powercruise at QR of a ute (i didn't get a chance to see the front), and the two turbo's are setup behind the rear wheels, and he reckons that the amount of lag is almost un-noticeable (i'll see if i can find the pictures)