Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone remember 'Jacked up rear ends'?

bluehighway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais International
Was a time when instead of lowering a car some folk raised the rear end and went with big fat tyres on the rear..... Im wondering if you raised/spaced the rear subframe would you be still road legal these days.... Couldnt find a holden pic(I will keep searching) but heres what im talking about. Anyone remember Lag pipes...lol.
If you have picture of your Holden Jacked...please post it.....
https://bangshift.com/general-news/...ig-block-powered-1974-nova-has-rake-for-days/
https://www.impalaforums.com/threads/raising-the-rear-end.1592178/#lg=thread-1592178&slide=0

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Pumped air shocks in the rear !

Ah....the good old days.

Sorry, no pics.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Makita front springs, combined with ute springs and air shocks in an old sedan were the days....

Got pictures laying round the place of some of my mates cars jacked up in the rear, but not with the fat tyres....Can't post them though as I don't have the equipment or knowledge to do so....

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Rake was all the trend back in the day.

Tbh it's probably the old fart in me talking but I much prefer that to what the kids are doing these days with bagging the rear and not the front so it gives the invisible caravan look.

My VR is on SL's and almost everyone under the age of 25 says it looks like a 4x4 (there is barely finger gap between the tyre and the arch btw)

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I had the longer rear spring hangers on the back of my XY panel van so the lake pipes had more ground clearance.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
I used to cringe every weekend saw/heard kingswood premier with thongslapper...now miss them.

As kid never worked out if I loved or hated tonner towtrucks with commodore fronts...wb statesman front was the bomb although I was only kid who liked commercial front with egg crate grille lol

images