Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

anyone tried Champix to quit smoking?

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
might be a bit of a hijack, but what posesses smokers to take up smoking in the first place?

The taste, for me. I absolutely love them. But only two specific brands. I don't enjoy smoking cheap cigarettes, just like I don't enjoy drinking cheap beer. If I can't afford good smokes, I won't buy any at all.

There's no better way to wake up, than sittin on the porch in the morning sun, having a smoke and a coffee. :) And on the upshot, it's cheaper than my Scotch Finger addiction :p

cracker

Reaction score
good luck i hate smoking always have but i find it very hard to not smoke when i drink, which didnt bother me so much.
however i found it scary that after about 4 months of doing this that during the day, after work etc id be like hmm a smoke would be nice at that point i thought this is ****ed and have cut back massively only really smoke when i really ****ed now
i can see how easy it would be though to form a habbit, and the urge of nicotine is quite strong more so then anything else iv ever experianced

alipete

Ban Speed Camera's
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive VY CALAIS
that sh%3 habbit

Hi,Mate I know it's hard and you something to hold onto and the money thing is a really good idea, #1- you really need/want to give up #2 how you make it happen #3 doing it. You just have to make the changes and hold onto something new to make it happen. I did it 2 years ago cold turkey after many failed attempts.
So give this ago & let me know how you go

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
My brother came home one day and just said he wasn't going to smoke anymore. Never had a reason and chucked his smokes in the bin he got quite agressive for a few days, punched some things :p but hasn't had a smoke since. He rekcons its pretty easy so long as you do it the hard way and throw them in the bin at the moment you decide you don't want to smoke anymore no matter how many you have left. He told me once anyone that says I'll give up at the end of this packet is full of **** about wanting to give up and wont be able to do it

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
My brother came home one day and just said he wasn't going to smoke anymore. Never had a reason and chucked his smokes in the bin he got quite agressive for a few days, punched some things :p but hasn't had a smoke since. He rekcons its pretty easy so long as you do it the hard way and throw them in the bin at the moment you decide you don't want to smoke anymore no matter how many you have left. He told me once anyone that says I'll give up at the end of this packet is full of **** about wanting to give up and wont be able to do it

yeah people do get angry when they give up cold turkey but hey what to blaim, if u throw ur car in a bin after a few days u'd be p'd off too..

i overall think its will power, u either wanna smoke or u dont.. know ones holding a gun to your head?

if u want something bad enough, u can have it :D - will!! iron will!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I think my mate is using champix now. Apparently you start taking the tablets and keep smoking for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks you stop wanting to smoke. Ill ask him exactly.

BTW ive never had a single cigarette or drug, apart from bourbon. Even then, i only ever drink with mates. I figure if i never try them, i cant get hooked.

lol that's my theory. I've never smoked or drank or taken any drug but man most of my family in the past pretty much got addicted to everything they tried like Barney on the Simpsons BAM alcoholic. So from a young age I decided I just couldn't risk it. My Dad must have had the same vision because he never did either

EREXON

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais Series II
A few people around me got on Champix for a few weeks but then stopped them as they caused weird ass dreams and nausia. But they do work.

I have quit cold turkey its been about 5-6 weeks now but i cant stop fighting with my g/f its getting bad. She quit using Champix i quit cold turkey and i think coz we have both quit we are so snappy. I'm becoming quite edgy. The slightest thing pisses me off.
I HATE IT! to the point where i want to smoke 1 a day to keep me back on track.

Is anyone feeling this????

maxie1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
Hi all, i am currently on the second week of Champix tablets to give up smoking after 30 years! you start with half strength once a day for 3 days then half strength twice a day for 4 days the full strength twice a day for 12 weeks in total. you have to give up in the first week of taking the full strength, so it has now been 4 days without the fags for me so far.

i still feel like a ciggy quite often but it does seem to pass quite quickly, the bad side effects from the tablets are insomnia, it takes me over an hour to get to sleep every night and i seem to wake a lot through the night too, maybe a small sacrifice to pay?

I have started a transfer of the $70 per week i used to spend on ciggies to a seperate bank account to save for an electric sunroof as an incentive.(only 29 weeks to go LOL)

anyone else been on the champix and still currently a non smoker?

wish me luck people!!!::thumbsup:[/QUOTE

Started Champix 4th May 2008 over 12 months ago and have saved $ 5000 , good luck and use the web site program.............. maxie1

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
champix didnt work for me made me super sick

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
After 15 years of smoking I used Will Power 2 years ago.
No cravings, no relapse and no expense.
Seems to have worked well.
You should try it.