Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone used a Chiropractor, not for any standing issue?

rucxy

Electrified Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SSV L98
I go to an osteopath when i need realigning.
They massage the affected area to loosen the muscles which then aids in allowing the joint(s) to go back in.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Yeah, a chiro is no good if the muscles are tense. A physio is a better option, as they can loosen the tight muscles, then manipulate the joints.
I have been to way too many of both in my life, and some are good, and some just like taking your money.
I would pick a good physio over a chiro IMHO.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Chiro's can't do anything for pain, all they do is manipulate the spinal cord!
For pain I would personally see a physio who has the credentials to manipulate the spinal cord (if thats where the problem lies).

I'm sorry, but you seem to have no idea what a chiro actually does - while they do manipulate the spine they are better qualified to sort out the root cause of a lot of back pain than a physio who just rubs the sore muscle and does not manipulate the spine.

I went to one because I was having headaches this was due to a neck misalignment, the headaches went away after a course of treatment. Many people have what is called sciatica which causes all sorts of pain and the best person to sort it? You guessed - a chiro!

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
I know exactly what a chiro does just couldn't be arsed writing everything they do.

Physio's can maniplate the spine to a certain extent (maybe not as much as a chiro) through certain movements and positions, mine has had the training to do so....

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
I know exactly what a chiro does just couldn't be arsed writing everything they do.

Physio's can maniplate the spine to a certain extent (maybe not as much as a chiro) through certain movements and positions, mine has had the training to do so....

fair enough, just trying to point out there is quite a lot of misinformation out there on chiro's.

You find that the muscles sort themselves out when the framework (spine) is all sorted out.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I have been a regular user of chiropractic services over the years, though not recently. A good chiro will not only treat the areas causing the problems but will also explain the process involved and how manipulation of joints can alleviate pain in apparently unrelated areas.

For example, I was suffering pain below the shoulder blades which was aggravated when I inhaled. The chiro explained that tension in the back muscles was causing pressure on various vertebrae, pulling a couple out of alignment and compressing nerves. He manipulated the joints over a few weeks, at the rate of one visit per week, and the problem disappeared. I could feel an improvement after each visit, so it didn't just "fix itself".

I firmly believe that a good chiro can fix all sorts of "muscular" and joint pains because my visits addressed numerous age related aches and pains, always with ultimate removal of the pain. Some pain that you think is a pulled muscle is often due to misalignment of joints, particularly spinal misalignment, pressing on nerves which serve the area where the pain is located.

It's worth giving the chiro a go. They are not "bone crackers" as some would think, although manipulation of the neck can cause some discomfort and the noise can be pretty off-putting, but that's only because the noise occurs so close to your ears.

It's recommended that once a problem has been successfully treated, you continue with chiropractic manipulations on a "maintenance" basis, once a month or so, to keep joint free movement and avoid further misalignment recurring.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
mpower, I dont agree with your statement. A good physio is far better than a bone cruncher(and sorry, thats what most Chiros are)
My physio massaged, then manipulated the joints far better than any chiro I had been to. Its the tense muscles that pull the joints out, so unless you loosen the muscles 1st, manipulation is a waste of time.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I do get a lot of headaches.......

My private cover both physio and chiro, so I don't see why I can't do/try both. Muscle and spinal manipulation sounds like stuff that would work well together.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
mpower, I dont agree with your statement. A good physio is far better than a bone cruncher(and sorry, thats what most Chiros are)
My physio massaged, then manipulated the joints far better than any chiro I had been to. Its the tense muscles that pull the joints out, so unless you loosen the muscles 1st, manipulation is a waste of time.

my chiro, who was a good chiro would use a tens machine and ice spray to loosen muscles before manipulation. Don't be sorry, you're just misinformed.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
I should point out that either forms of relief suits different people in different ways. Like a doctor, there are good and bad in either fields.
Go try one, and see how you go.