Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone used a Chiropractor, not for any standing issue?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
So I was thinking of seeing a chiro but I don't have any existing medical issues. On Wednesday night my back went crazy pain but it has died down to a small ache with some movements over the following 3 days. One of the guys at work recommended seeing a Chiro and since I have private health insurance.......

So basically has anyone seen one and did you feel it was worth it?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I went a while back, worked out well. I have heard others can be hit and miss so go to one you feel comfortable with.

If you have PHI make sure you go to a member's choice (ask your provider for a list) to get maximum benefits and minimum gap payment mine ended up being something like $14 a visit so it's not expensive (prolly more now but yeah not expensive).

Be sure to go to one who does an x-ray first - I know mine had an x-ray machine on site.

Remember chiro is a gradual process don't expect instant results, also my chiro made it clear that he was there to sort the alignment not get rid of pain and if I needed pain relief I should grab some panadiene or whatever.

Also remember a chiro can give you a medical cert if you need it.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
If it is getting better on it's own, why risk the possibility of aggravating it

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
I agree with Big Al in this instance,if its just a one off?..give it a little more time perhaps.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Just be careful as there are some out there that try to sign you up to a number of set treatments after having xrays and deciding your back is out of alignment due to the birthing process.

A good chiro will see you a few times initially then space the treatments out if needed.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Chiro's can't do anything for pain, all they do is manipulate the spinal cord!
For pain I would personally see a physio who has the credentials to manipulate the spinal cord (if thats where the problem lies).

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Just be careful as there are some out there that try to sign you up to a number of set treatments after having xrays and deciding your back is out of alignment due to the birthing process.

A good chiro will see you a few times initially then space the treatments out if needed.

#### me. I hope I don't have that problem. You know, being a guy and all.

I wasn't hoping for the Chiro to work out what caused that back pain. The guy at work says he sees one on a regular basis just because he can and he swears his back feels better than before he started seeing one. So I was just looking at that.

It will probably cost me SFA after private so I thought I might give it a whirl.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
#### me. I hope I don't have that problem. You know, being a guy and all.

My bad, I didn't explain that correctly. There are chiros out there who claim you have a bad back from your birth, they say they when you are coming through the birth canal it stuffs up your spine.

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
Once you know what is causing the pain, muscle, disc or nerve pain then you can decide what is the course of action. I go to the chiro every month or two just to loosen the tense back muscles and align my spine mainly due to the discomfort and stiffness I get due to my 2 jobs. Feels much better after a visit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Get one of those "ladies" that advertise in the paper to give you a good massage. You may get a little stiff for a while, but that will soon go down:rofl2: