Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone used a Chiropractor, not for any standing issue?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I should point out that either forms of relief suits different people in different ways. Like a doctor, there are good and bad in either fields.
Go try one, and see how you go.

not only that but there are crap physios and crap chiros - gotta get a good one!

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Your opinion is your opinion, not mine. I used to go to chiros for years, then went to a physio, as I wasnt getting anywhere
with the chiros, so horses for courses.
I dont go to either now, as my issues are way beyond either.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
my issues are way beyond either.

then maybe you aren't the most qualified to say what works and what doesn't on someone who has an issue that can be solved?

All I have to say to the OP is find someone that your health fund recommends - odds are they will be good!

By all means try both.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Oh sorry, I didnt know you were "qualified" in this field. How old are you?? I had been going to both for over 30 years, so I think I have some idea.
And OP, the health funds dont know the good from the bad IMHO. Talk to people in your area, and try either and make up your own mind as to who suits your problem. Cost is 2nd to your health.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
One suggestion before you go to a cracker I strongly suggest you go see your GP and have some Xrays or scans done just incase you have a problem that my be made worse by manipulation. There have been cases although very rare that people have been paralysed due to undetected problems.
Also have to tried a good massage therapist?
I have a weekly massage, I have had issues with numbness in fingers & my legs due to knots in my shoulders due to my work. It was so bad over xmas when she had 4 weeks off that I couldn't feel the brake pedal when I pressed it when driving.

Scott

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
One suggestion before you go to a cracker I strongly suggest you go see your GP and have some Xrays or scans done just incase you have a problem that my be made worse by manipulation. There have been cases although very rare that people have been paralysed due to undetected problems.
Also have to tried a good massage therapist?
I have a weekly massage, I have had issues with numbness in fingers & my legs due to knots in my shoulders due to my work. It was so bad over xmas when she had 4 weeks off that I couldn't feel the brake pedal when I pressed it when driving.

Scott

The guy I am seeing tomorrow has his on x-ray machines and is a qualified chiropractic radiologist. He should be ok.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
The guy I am seeing tomorrow has his on x-ray machines and is a qualified chiropractic radiologist. He should be ok.

Ley us know how you get on mate. I've been thinking of seeing a chiro aswell.

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
Which ever way you decide to go, the muscles must be loosened before anything can happen otherwise it's just get em in n out for bulk cash. I have 45 minute appointments with my chiro and 40 minutes is just massaging the muscles then the last 5 minutes is the cracking with my personal favourite being the neck.... Instant relief

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Which ever way you decide to go, the muscles must be loosened before anything can happen otherwise it's just get em in n out for bulk cash. I have 45 minute appointments with my chiro and 40 minutes is just massaging the muscles then the last 5 minutes is the cracking with my personal favourite being the neck.... Instant relief

I'll see what this guy tomorrow does. If he is talk and cracking, I probably won't see him again.