Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone used a Chiropractor, not for any standing issue?

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Would never go to a chiropractor again. Last time I went he made it worse for 3 months, when I stopped going and saw a physio it was right after 2 visits.

A few years later I was talking to my horses dentist and we were talking about chiropractors as he husband was one, I told her about my experience and she immediately said his name!

There may be good ones out there but there are also a lot of quacks that try and keep you coming back at $35 a 10 min visit.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Would never go to a chiropractor again. Last time I went he made it worse for 3 months, when I stopped going and saw a physio it was right after 2 visits.

A few years later I was talking to my horses dentist and we were talking about chiropractors as he husband was one, I told her about my experience and she immediately said his name!

There may be good ones out there but there are also a lot of quacks that try and keep you coming back at $35 a 10 min visit.

I had the same experience with a chiropractor , would not go back to one , but my gym employs a masseur , on a part time basis ,I haven't yet used her , but I've heard good reports .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
My Physio does both.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
I try to stay away from X-rays if possible. The fewer you have over a lifetime the better.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
I had the same experience with a chiropractor , would not go back to one , but my gym employs a masseur , on a part time basis ,I haven't yet used her , but I've heard good reports .

Was the Chiro you visited in Pakuranga area perhaps?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Was the Chiro you visited in Pakuranga area perhaps?

No , down in the Waikato , I don't think I'm wrong in saying that most chiropractors are equally useless .

Last edited:

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
Buy a inversion table, done me a world of good. No more sore back n nerve pain and now sleep all night. I use it daily. Best $130 I ever spent! My physio recomended it. Haven't been back in two years :)

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Buy a inversion table, done me a world of good. No more sore back n nerve pain and now sleep all night. I use it daily. Best $130 I ever spent! My physio recomended it. Haven't been back in two years :)

Interesting you say that as I have been thinking about buying one of these for some time. Generally how long do you spend upside down?

Senator829

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 HSV Senator & 2012 RG Colorado LTZ
Just got my results of a cat scan last week and shows I have a protrusion of the disc into the spinal cavity at l4 l5, doc recommended physio. Anyone else had this and can recommend if anything worked.

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
Interesting you say that as I have been thinking about buying one of these for some time. Generally how long do you spend upside down?
Generally 2-4 mins but it's up to the user. You don't have to hang completely upside down(180) either. Mine has an strap so you can stop at say 45 degrees or whatever. Anyone who has tried it loves it.