Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone used rimskins before?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
hahahha Yeah... but it's not me scratching my wheels! :(

Thanks all for the feedback. Because the packet was sealed, I couldn't see what the product really looked like. I thought it would look a little weird with the color contrast and yes it does look like bluetac! hahahahahha..

Cheers

Simple solution is to take the keys off her! lol.

koalasprint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS MY17
Hi all old thread I know. But I just wanted to let you all know to stay clear, do not waste your money. Here is why. Basically they don't stick..... for long. Clean the rim as much as you like, mine were brand new. Following the instructions, I washed them before fitting the rimskins. Used a rag to wipe them clean, used their special wipes. The wipes were clean after running them around the rims. Within two weeks one wheel started showing signs of the product coming loose. A week later and a second wheel started. I contacted the company for advice. They advised i re-clean the rim, use a heat gun to re-activate the glue and stick them back down. I did that but it was only effective for another week. On my next country trip I lost the whole rimskin off one wheel on the way and another on the way back. I now have a third wheel that is showing signs of the rimskin coming loose. I contacted the company for a refund. No go. First they blamed the failure on the new rims which they say have a special coating. Really? I've had the car for more than a month and it's been driven and washed several times. The instructions and product information never mention anything about problems with new rims. Then they blamed silicone contamination? Again The instructions and product information never mention anything about problems with silicone contamination, No mention of how silicone contamination could occur or even that it has to be avoided. Could it be caused by car polish, petrol spill, tyre shine, brake fluid, brake dust? If so then the product is not suitable for purpose. The best offer they could come up with for me to post a sample back to them, offering to test for silicone contamination and if they found no sign of contamination they'd send me another set for free. Needless to say I didn't take up this offer, not wanting to loose more money on postage for a product that doesn't last. Not to mention the potential for paint and body damage when the product flies off at 110km/h.

Additionally, the strip is soft plastic. It really won't stop damage except for the lightest grazing. I haven't tested this but have a look at them if you see them. You'll understand what I mean.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Quite agree , I used a product call alloy gators, they fade way too fast , don’t stay in place either , not really worth it .