Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone used rimskins before?

Gambel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV Wagon
Good idea, wonder if they do other colours.
In the gallery section of their website you can't even see it against a chrome mag.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
good if it does what it claims to do.

Guarantee page is strangely lacking in any sort of detail, just a 1 sentence blog.
"3 year warranty on defective product?" kinda misleading.... why not offer 20 years, or 100.... the warranty is on defects, not on the fact that it will protect the rim to any standard. a defect will be readily noticable upon first application, so offering 3 years is a little tricky imo.
also, they showed the video of the car from 50 different angles hitting the gutter 5 times, but when removing the product only showed less than a qtr of the rim.... where was the wide shot and close in detail around the whole rim?
i'd also be concerned about putting the wheels out of balance. everyone has seen how little those little weights are inside a rim. wouldnt this change the weight even a little bit? that plastic would have to be perfectly weighted and installed all the way around to not put your wheel balance out.

i dunno.... maybe i'm just being a little too critical. its a good idea and doesnt cost a crapload.
who's first ? :)

MPRSSV

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Exec (Police pack) & 05 CV8Z Monaro
FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU... Id be spewin if that was my Monaro, what douchebags

I went to test drive a car that had them on - They stick out like dogs balls... and they look like you are trying to stick your tyres to the rims with blu-tack

**thumbs down**

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I found a GREAT alternative to Rimskins. I just..........don't hit kerbs. :)

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
Apparently they come in red and black as well. I don't think I'd ever put them on my car, as they would likely look very cheap

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
I put them on my car after getting confirmation from The Wheel Deal they would fit my specific rim. Spent ages on prep and followed all the instructions exactly .2 of them flew off on the freeway going 110km~put rubber marks and **** all down the side of my car. scared the fk out of me. I'd say it's because theres a tiny raised lip on the edge of my rim so it doesn't fit perfectly flush. It is a good idea but yeah, waste of money for me. I don't think the contact glue is good enough either, especially for speeds as a fair amount of the contact surface was actually flush with the rim.

loku16

Reaction score
Website
www.addicted2fish.com.au
Members Ride
2010 VE SS-V Wagon
I found a GREAT alternative to Rimskins. I just..........don't hit kerbs. :)

hahahha Yeah... but it's not me scratching my wheels! :(

Thanks all for the feedback. Because the packet was sealed, I couldn't see what the product really looked like. I thought it would look a little weird with the color contrast and yes it does look like bluetac! hahahahahha..

Cheers

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
hahahha Yeah... but it's not me scratching my wheels! :(

I have the same problem :).
She took out the rear left wheel within a month, and the front left soon after that.
Good thing I love her... otherwise a car ban would be in place (mind you I'm sure she could think of something to ban from me which I wouldnt find very appealing ;))