Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone want to ship me a Holden lower and upper intake for a 3800 to the US?

Tengis

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Pontiac Grand Prix
holdenintake.jpg

Im looking for that. Anyone?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
welcome to the forums, thanks for introducing yourself.. what car do you have?

how much are you prepared to spend on purchase and postage?

do you need the thermostat top connection, throttlebody and connections?

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
You might also want to specify from what model. The later intakes (VT-, c. 1996) have provision for EGR if you need/want that.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
LOL, that's the 2nd person wanting one of our intake manifolds. weird really as we all think that the US banana style manifolds are better then ours

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
LOL, that's the 2nd person wanting one of our intake manifolds. weird really as we all think that the US banana style manifolds are better then ours

I read a few times ours are better for bottom end torque.

To the OP: I priced this the other day though Australia Post and its $150-200 to send over there. To buy one from the wreckers I have no idea of the cost but I was talking "soop" about a week or more ago and he said he has wreckers that sell them cheap where he is. On ebay.com.au you will find them for around $150 or so but I have seen some as low as $50 a few months ago.

While you are at it I would contact our forum sponsor MACE and get a 25mm manifold spacer and a 12mm plenum spacer as well. He also sells plenums with the throttle body opening on the other side if that suits your application better than the way it is facing.

Someone should be able to help you out but it will be costly for what it is.

Tengis

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Pontiac Grand Prix
Ive actually got a front wheel drive heads and cam turbo Grand Prix that I am in the process of changing a bunch of stuff on. Had the car tuned for 22-24psi but ran a best of 11.5 on 15-16psi - screwed up some stuff at the track when I upped the boost and my FPR took a dump and I lost 50% of my fuel pressure.

Ive been throwing around the idea of going with one of these intakes because it looks like the runners are a nice length and the upper volume looks decent. I may end up fabricating something custom using one of our L36/L26 lower intake manifolds (the LIM off of the naturally aspirated front wheel drive cars here in the states).

Why do you guys like the intakes we have over here? Im not familiar with the different revisions of the Australian intakes but I have no need for EGR.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i'm talking about the banana style manifolds used for the n/a applications. not sure on what the manifolds looks like exactly for the turbo versions.

although our manifolds look good, they do have a issue with the 2 middle runners/cylinders leaning out some due to airflow/distribution inside the manifold. a good solution is running a plenum spacer.]

the changes to the manifolds are the addition of the EGR port and repositioning of the PCV breather inside the manifold. the later manifolds are probably preferable but you would need to block the EGR port in the neck of the manifold