Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

anyone want to trade there 2 seats for my 3 seater in vs ute

tezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
will the hand brake for the centre console bolt straight in? and will i need a different hand brake cable for the centre console hand brake

Handbrake will work and there should be the spot for it in the transmission tunnel, just covered up with some sound deadner.
The only thing is, there will be a hole in the middle (covered up by the console) because the cars which had the handbrake in the middle had a moulded bit underneath for the handbrake rod to pass through to be bolted up to the equaliser.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
it will but im not sure if it will leave small gaps for air to come up thru were you putting tthe hand barke...when my mates was doen it has spaces for air to come up(not norm) so he put some expanda fome in the and farked up the hand brake warningbuzzer and the hand brake lite on the dash(dug all the fome out and all was well) still warm air entering up via the handbrake
Handbrake will work and there should be the spot for it in the transmission tunnel, just covered up with some sound deadner.
The only thing is, there will be a hole in the middle (covered up by the console) because the cars which had the handbrake in the middle had a moulded bit underneath for the handbrake rod to pass through to be bolted up to the equaliser.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I'd trade you so I could have a 6 seats in my old wagon pity your up QLD.

tezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
it will but im not sure if it will leave small gaps for air to come up thru were you putting tthe hand barke...when my mates was doen it has spaces for air to come up(not norm) so he put some expanda fome in the and farked up the hand brake warningbuzzer and the hand brake lite on the dash(dug all the fome out and all was well) still warm air entering up via the handbrake

Mine has a hole because the handbrake mounting surround under the car is not there, but I cant say Ive noticed that there is hot air coming from the handbrake area. You might need to cut the carpet slightly, although when you cut it, dont cut the carpet off, but cut a flap so the carpet can sit there which may help.

If your worried about hot air etc, when you remove the right hand side handbrake lever, it will leave a hole and some gaps. You can put a plastic plug and cover up the hole or make a metal bracket to cover the gaps.

I havent done it and it doesnt really bother me at all.