Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

anyone want to trade there 2 seats for my 3 seater in vs ute

patskies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1 (vz monaro themed)
hey all,

Im looking at doing a 2 seat conversion in my vs ute. I have done a bit of a search and most threads on here are about converting from 2 seater to 3 seater.

So I was wondering if there is anyone who wants to trade there 2 seater setup with centre console, handbrake etc for me 3 seater setup?

cheers,

patrick

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
two seaters use a tbar? 3seater use a collem shift....so you would need some 1 doing a two seater to 3 seater convertion with a collem shift(wow i wish you lucck as i dont thing many ppl go from2seat up to 3 seats and as 3seaters utes are way less popular.just go to the wreckers and get two fron seats for round $100 and see if you can recoup somthing on ebay with you 3 seats
hey all,

Im looking at doing a 2 seat conversion in my vs ute. I have done a bit of a search and most threads on here are about converting from 2 seater to 3 seater.

So I was wondering if there is anyone who wants to trade there 2 seater setup with centre console, handbrake etc for me 3 seater setup?

cheers,

patrick

White Tiger

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VY Berlina, RB30 GQ Patrol
you only have to change the passenger seat or are you after higher class seats?
and the tbar doesn't go straight in cause there is no mound for it so you will have to either use an after market shifter or make spacers.
however if its manual it will be easier as they are already floor shift.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
The column auto gearbox selector shaft sits in a different position to the T/bar aswell.

patskies

Reaction score
Members Ride
sorry guys forgot to mention that its a 5 speed Manual.

I would like higher class seats but most importantly id prefer a centre console.

I gather the standard "bucket" seats just bolt straight in?

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
then best bet is to get 2seats and a 5sp console with an armrest from the wreckers or ebay(i realt dought youll get a swap)
sorry guys forgot to mention that its a 5 speed Manual.

I would like higher class seats but most importantly id prefer a centre console.

I gather the standard "bucket" seats just bolt straight in?

patskies

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah i wasnt expecting anything but no harm in asking.

will the hand brake for the centre console bolt straight in? and will i need a different hand brake cable for the centre console hand brake

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
thats true.youll never never know unless you give it go as thay say
yeah i wasnt expecting anything but no harm in asking.

will the hand brake for the centre console bolt straight in? and will i need a different hand brake cable for the centre console hand brake

redvpsenator

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp senator & VS Ute
I rang Q!ld Transport about the aftermarket seats in my VS ute and was told they needed to be inspected and certified with a mod plate to be legal. I was asked at the time is it a 2 or 3 seat ute.
shown on the manufacturers plate. I told him it shows 2 seat capacity and was then told if it was a 3 seat then it must be certified and mod plated if it was changed from 3 seat to 2 seat to keep it legal. Might pay to ask Qld Transport. Cheers.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
I rang Q!ld Transport about the aftermarket seats in my VS ute and was told they needed to be inspected and certified with a mod plate to be legal. I was asked at the time is it a 2 or 3 seat ute.
shown on the manufacturers plate. I told him it shows 2 seat capacity and was then told if it was a 3 seat then it must be certified and mod plated if it was changed from 3 seat to 2 seat to keep it legal. Might pay to ask Qld Transport. Cheers.

HOWDY RED. MATE im having probs asnwering that private message(somthing aint right with my message thingy) every time i try and send you what wrote i the page resets) when its fixed ill send of the mail....sorry guys to jump on the post