Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone with HID's ??

mastadd

Reaction score
Website
www.classicskylinesaustralia.com
Members Ride
Vu Spac Ute
awww srz ??? :(

mmm so basically if i did install them, the beam would be all over the road ay coz its not focused properly ?

:S

nah not really, they just say that it MAY dazzle on coming traffic,
aim them down and it shouldnt be a problem.

you would have to be doing some stupid **** for the jacks to dick you on Hid's.

they wouldnt bother just for that. as its so easy to change them back over. 1hour tops!

P

persiandesire

oh k thanks mastadd :)

yer im not gonna be drivin round givin them an excuse to pull me over :)

yer ill order them next week n post up pics wen installed n post em bak in this wen done :)

SuperSixty6

Alto Rullo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Landcruiser TD
You will look like a knob without having the proper headlights. And it’s a hazard to other drivers.

The best way around this is to buy the Altezza head lights from eBay or where ever, which have the projector lenses.

They are also illegal because they are NOT self leveling. There is also something that if they don’t have features to remove frost or water they are illegal also.

P

persiandesire

ive neva heard of any1 gettin done with them, also the roads in sydney r **** anyways n u always get blinded with the standard halogen lights n e wyz so i dont see the diff, plus u have **** dump drivers that neva see u comin aswell so this could be a eye opener for them

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
i know of people being warned about having them, i just stick with the brighter white / blue kits from the auto shops that are legal. I do honestly hate coming up the road and getting blinded by sum1 wid HID's

SuperSixty6

Alto Rullo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Landcruiser TD
Just because you have never been done, Doesn’t mean they are legal. Do a search, There is a fair bit of information on them within the sight.

| evaN |

mmm bass
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Halogen headlights are made to throw a lil light up to light up street signs. Just enough so it doesn't(shouldn't) dazzle people. When you throw HID's in, that "lil light" becomes ****ing bright. Even with projectors thats aren't designed for HID's, they throw too much light up. With proper HID projectors, that light is minimized, the cutoff line is designed better so it doesn't blind people, its got built in autowashers, and a self leveling system.
Chances are if you've been blinded by HIDs it wouldn't of been in cars which halogen headlights with a PnP HID kit eg. hondas and ****

mastadd

Reaction score
Website
www.classicskylinesaustralia.com
Members Ride
Vu Spac Ute
i know of people being warned about having them, i just stick with the brighter white / blue kits from the auto shops that are legal. I do honestly hate coming up the road and getting blinded by sum1 wid HID's

i think you will find alot of those Brighter white/ Blue kits are also only "for off road Use"

i agree with getting the aftermarket headlights with the lenses in them. im saving up for them next. some focus is better than none,

i dont know about other kits, but the ones i have been using actually have a deflector over half the "globe" to keep the light level cut off at a reasonable height.

Ie: Pic below

Attachments

• HIDs.jpg
    HIDs.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 119