Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone with HID's ??

P

persiandesire

hey guys, just a quick question....

just wanted to know if any1 has HID lights fitted on there commodores ?

i was thinking about getting the conversion kit and replacing the halogen bulbs with the HID ones ..

Just wanted to see if anyone has done them or if there are any problems you may run into during installation or if any has had any issues with them ?

Thanks alot! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
hey guys, just a quick question....

just wanted to know if any1 has HID lights fitted on there commodores ?

i was thinking about getting the conversion kit and replacing the halogen bulbs with the HID ones ..

Just wanted to see if anyone has done them or if there are any problems you may run into during installation or if any has had any issues with them ?

Thanks alot! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've done a few sets, none specifically on the VT. They are a sweet upgrade, and you'll be very happy with them as long as you get a decent brand. installation is'nt too hard but if you have no idea about wiring, maybe you should get it professionally installed. Also might have to drill holes in headlight caps.

mastadd

Reaction score
Website
www.classicskylinesaustralia.com
Members Ride
Vu Spac Ute
i have them in my mums for and in my Datsun, and ill be putting them into my Vu shortly, no worrys at all with any of them, dust caps on the back need to be modified to put the new wires threw, or you can just leave them off,

contact matt at www.AngryIndustries.com tell him mastadd referred you, he has sold over 100 of his kits with only one return, honest. best price in melbourne

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
hehe had them in the vn for nearly 3 years, great investment but u get flashed all the time. only had one drama the normal high beem didnt come on, but who needs it when your low beem is twice as bright anyway

P

persiandesire

good to hear positive feedback :)

only problem is i need to take front bumper off and take headlights off to install them :( have hardly any room to get my hands in there.

most of the brands sold now are nearly the same and ur looking round $110 - $200. But deff ill post some pics of it when i finish installing them.

1 other problem is i need to buff my headlight aswell n get the lens clear again so beam comes through clear

P

persiandesire

why r they illegal ? i have seen so many cars with them and havent heard of any1 getting busted for them if they r illegal ?

mastadd

Reaction score
Website
www.classicskylinesaustralia.com
Members Ride
Vu Spac Ute
yeah there illegal as bro :(

the car wasnt designed with them.. not legal, no lenses to focus the light, no washer for the light. that's 2 reasons, i dont know any others

P

persiandesire

awww srz ??? :(

mmm so basically if i did install them, the beam would be all over the road ay coz its not focused properly ?

yer coz i havent seen any commodores with them at all :S