Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Apline IVA-W505 install

vz05 boar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
i have just bought the IVA-W505 or the W502 as it is known in asia ( i think ). i was just wondering if anyone has installed it into a VY/VZ. i ask this because i am considering doing this myself but am concerned i may run into trouble and back out halfway through or break it or something. if anyone has done it was it worth the time or just better to get someone to do it. also is it correct that you can only watch dvd's while the hand brake is engaged if installed at an alpine dealer ect?

any help would be great, thanks

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Its not that hard TBH. I havent installed that exact unit into a VY/Z but ive done many similar head-units into them.

Obviously you'll need a facia kit, if you arent good at making solid electrical connections (soldering mainly) then a harness adapter too.

I think it's worth the effort doing it yourself, you'll learn something new and be able to remove it / add things on without taking it back to the place it was installed at.

Not sure about the Alpine dealer / handbrake switch part, i'd imagine it would be true though.

vz05 boar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
thanks for the advice. ill have a look at a little more and have a crack i rekon. i thought 2-300+ for install was a bit rich