Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Apple CarPlay on VF

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Maybe they went looking for an outcome and created a study to reach that conclusion. That's a common practice with studies.
I think a valid response to the results of the study are "well, der".
Having said that, the title of the articles infers it's Android Auto or CarPlay that's causing the distration; it's not, it's just fiddling with the screen that you need to look down & fiddle with. It's no different to using a 'phone or any other browser.

It's no different to using the standard MyLink screen to switch between sources or radio stations.

Doesn't mean they're a bad thing, it just means Stupid's Gonna Stupid. Pull over or get a passenger to punch your destination into Google Maps or Waze and then don't play with the thing while driving - problem negated.

iphonerleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z SERIES
Reasonably happy with my Alpine unit, couple of minor software bugs that I hope they fix but can't complain, does what it says it does.
with Alpine unit fitted, is the head up display still shows navigation when using the Alpine navigation??

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I think a valid response to the results of the study are "well, der".
Having said that, the title of the articles infers it's Android Auto or CarPlay that's causing the distration; it's not, it's just fiddling with the screen that you need to look down & fiddle with. It's no different to using a 'phone or any other browser.

It's no different to using the standard MyLink screen to switch between sources or radio stations.

Doesn't mean they're a bad thing, it just means Stupid's Gonna Stupid. Pull over or get a passenger to punch your destination into Google Maps or Waze and then don't play with the thing while driving - problem negated.
But the temptation to fiddle is too great :oops:

Reality is that any action other than concentrating on you driving has a detrimental impact, to some degree, on ones reaction, even talking to a passenger or someone on the phone via hands free :eek:

The only reason I’d want AA, is that the MyLink maps are so out of date and the voice recognition POI/ name search is not intuitive. So rather than be distracted and argue with MyLink, I pull over and use the phone to find the address of whatever I’m interested in and then enter that into MyLink (cause I hate flat phone batteries and don’t carry a charge with me) :oops:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
with Alpine unit fitted, is the head up display still shows navigation when using the Alpine navigation??
Not the first version from accounts made on the forum. Don’t know about the later unit.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
@iphonerleo, let us know if you ask Alpine's pre-sales support people about the newer vesion of it; they answered my question on the same topic about the first version.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Meanwhile inside a tesla there is nothing to distract a driver LOL

tesla.jpg

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
tesla owners: I'm supposed to drive?!?

Stroppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Sportwagon
Kayhan have updated their original units which use your screen and interface and then give the options of on-board nav, DAB+ radio, DVD/TV and the two flavours of car play. Pricey. I'm thinking about taking the plunge.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
Kayhan have updated their original units which use your screen and interface and then give the options of on-board nav, DAB+ radio, DVD/TV and the two flavours of car play. Pricey. I'm thinking about taking the plunge.

Did you have a link with more details; struggling to even find the info on their own website as the Product information tab doesn't seem to work! Cheers.