Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are 325KW headers an upgrade?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
The DPE system sounds nuts, most of you would have seen this already. Cuda, its too bad I didn't get a chance to show you in person at the proving ground, I had a lot of interest. Less restriction / extra power on the MSE is so good, Cuda just do it already! :) With not much DPE stock left, now is the time.

Yeah true. Would have been good to hear it. I'm still waiting on the quote. I'll chase them up today.

rognvald261

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
Lol. Still waiting on the quote. I'll chase them up today.
DPE really suit the Motorsport style and sound expectation. Is a true enhancement. Personally I'd ensure a proper tuned collector first rather than bolt-up next to cats, for integrity.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Yeah true. Would have been good to hear it. I'm still waiting on the quote. I'll chase them up today.

I though I'd seen they were only fulfilling orders now of which they're backed up till at least june.

Good luck I agree the 3inch system sounds pretty good, must be the long hotdogs in the midpipe as everything else is pretty common design among the competitors.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Another question did I see somewhere that it was possible to bore out the HSV cat flanges for a bit more airflow?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
DPE really suit the Motorsport style and sound expectation. Is a true enhancement. Personally I'd ensure a proper tuned collector first rather than bolt-up next to cats, for integrity.
Yeah I've read up on those before. I'm just not sure Gentech would be able to do that? What do you think the performance benefits would be over DPE, and the affect on sound quality?
I'm going to have my Bimodals modified so I can refit them when I want to.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Another question did I see somewhere that it was possible to bore out the HSV cat flanges for a bit more airflow?
Yeah possibly. But I think it's the cat entry angle that's the restriction, more than the ID.

rognvald261

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
Yeah I've read up on those before. I'm just not sure Gentech would be able to do that? What do you think the performance benefits would be over DPE, and the affect on sound quality?
I'm going to have my Bimodals modified so I can refit them when I want to.
Sorry to confuse things, seems the DPE 1 3/4 4-1 come with tuned collectors, per below.
dpe_v_pacey_0001.jpg

dpe_v_pacey.jpg

So more power to you :)

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
So DPE 3inch is the best sounding/performing bolt on people have seen?

rognvald261

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
So DPE 3inch is the best sounding/performing bolt on people have seen?
Yes. That's the general consensus looking back through the forum.
No, it is not the best performing across all conditions but there's not much in it.
According to specific real world tests by experts 1 3/4" set outperforms the 1 7/8" set even on tuned 408 strokers.
My opinion is that the sound of the full system suits cars presented as race cars.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Yes. That's the general consensus looking back through the forum.
No, it is not the best performing across all conditions but there's not much in it.
According to specific real world tests by experts 1 3/4" set outperforms the 1 7/8" set even on tuned 408 strokers.
My opinion is that the sound of the full system suits cars presented as race cars.
And 2.5' was possibly better performer than 3' in N/A conditions but fair different sound pitches if I remember.