Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are 325KW headers an upgrade?

rognvald261

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
The black ones right?
Well yeah but coated shiny with cats new is just $1800 shipping $80 (maybe slide a few buck more for a trek in the outback), see fleabay.
s-l500.jpg

Basic safe tune is $500, get butler service to tailer exactly what you want over the life of the car for $900 using pro tuner service via AutoCal (or I think nowadays there's the HP Tuner's portable thingy as well).

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Will the L/H header clear the heat exchanger on the LE's?

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
So, my tuner is recommending DPF (Walky Brand) headers, cats and cat back over the 340kw HSV items. No surprises there. I'm still waiting on a quote. So, can anyone tell me the approximate cost. Cheers.

I can't see an MSE system listed on DPE's website, but it might give you a general idea on pricing
http://dpe.net.au/index.php?route=product/category&path=44_45

Have you considered a Manta System....Again no MSE listed
http://www.mantapro.com.au/product/holden-commodore-vf-6-0l-6-2l-v8-sedan-sport-wagon/

Last edited:

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
And 2.5' was possibly better performer than 3' in N/A conditions but fair different sound pitches if I remember.
ive had both the 2.5 system on my old 6.0 calais and now have the 3 inch on my redline and id say the 3 is slightly deeper and louder, the 2.5 is still awesome!
one of the best things about the dpe systems is the lack of drone on the freeway, even without the bimodals active (the fuse pulled out) you can barely hear it!
not sure were your located 426cuda but if your in vic in the west/north west, id be happy to give you a listen!