Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are 5 litre manuals in VS executive rare

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Grey seats and beige door trims definitely not factory. If it had the seats fitted at the factory, the door trims would have been grey too. That interior screams non-factory. Also if it was BT1 spec, it would have IRS and any airbags available.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Also if it was BT1 spec, it would have IRS and any airbags available.

Not all BT1 had IRS. Miine had live axle.

Does say duel airbags though.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Might not be NSW spec but as BT 1 was the police option pack, in NSW, all available safety equipment was ordered in recognition of the departments OHS obligations to police.

Hkmonaroman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS

Hkmonaroman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Yes same car, I’m more worried about headlining as the VS was bad for sagging
Seen a white V8 Manual but didn’t like the look of it, Black was my preferred choice but so hard to come accross

Hkmonaroman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Agreed, something doesn't feel quite right about it. Can't pinpoint it but it just feels 'off'.

Lack of detailed pics raises flags too, particularly when he's trying to unload it for a (relatively) sky high price.
Not a hundred percent sure but I think with the VS if you wanted a V8 Manual it had to be ordered in the executive, they also could have ordered the seats .. stranger things have happened and the price is around the same as every other VS Manual I can find on the internet, yes I agree it’s way to high a price but the price on any Holden or Ford 20 years or older seems to only go one way

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Also just to collaborate my previous statement if you have a look at the trim design in the seats you'll then notice the pattern in the door trims is different which says straight away that this has been played with and as such why the seller finally removed the bullshit statement about the seats being factory fitted after he was confronted about it over 6 months ago.

Yes it is a nice vehicle but 13K ??? I really don't think so, maybe in another 10 years it may be worth it for nostalgic reasons but currently
as TM1678 stated you can get a really nice SV6 or even maybe an SS VE if the opportunity arose at that figure.

As VS 5.0 suggested "Coupled with previous claim of factory SS seats, makes me wonder about sellers knowledge / integrity" I very much feel there is something not to be believed here.

Last edited:

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Not a hundred percent sure but I think with the VS if you wanted a V8 Manual it had to be ordered in the executive

Or an SS..

Yes it is a nice vehicle but 12K ??? I really don't think so, maybe in another 10 years it may be worth it for nostalgic reasons but currently
as TM1678 stated you can get a really nice SV6 or even maybe an SS VE if the opportunity arose at that figure.

Agreed, it's a nice old car, no doubt about that. But not at 12k.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
So the question must be asked.......................why are we looking at VS' ???? ;););););)