Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are all W375 packs the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Been thinking of the W375 or W407 for my MY16 Redline. Main reasons are to get some more V8 sound from the car and to extract some more HP from what is a vey mild stock tune IMO.

I would love a blower but can't get the funds nor do I want the hassle with limited insurance options, engineers certificates etc. NA will do for now.

So far the W375 pack looks like the best option due to bang for buck as well as the fact that it will better suit my needs as a daily driver in Sydney traffic.

1. Is the W375 pack a better and louder sounding exhaust over the stock VFII system? Both at idle and acceleration?

2. Are all W375 packs created equal. By this I mean are they all the same systems or do you get a choice over 3" vs 2.5" etc

3. Would keeping the stock Mufflers with the Bimodals be a good idea or should I just scrap everything for the complete W375 exhaust system (my bimodal is currently disconnected)

4. Any notable cons by moving to the W375 vs stock form? One obvious one is that I would be limited to 98 fuel vs 91&95 but I fill up on 98 now anyway. Any others?

5. Should I ditch the W375 and look at another package? I hear good things about Manta and Hurricane systems (good sound, no droning etc)? Who would offer a similar and cheaper pack with a superior tune in Sydney? Could I expect a better than the claimed WS 375 Flywheel kw's?

Thanks

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
it will sound much louder then your stock system, walkinshaw use difilippo systems which tend to be on the deeper side, this video sums up the difference

down side of any walkinshaw gear is that it cost much more then any other tuner.
c & a autofashion do exactly the same kit here in melbourne for roughtly $2k cheaper and a touch more power. in this video they also show you what they can do with your bimodals.

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
You can get the same (or better) result by going to another place and saving some money.

I personally bought the headers and catback myself (NAAF does full hurricane and manta package for about $3k) then I got CHE to fit a VCM OTR and tuned for about $1500. Whole kit $4500.

In saying all of that, I think the walkinshaw / DPE system is one of the best sounding on the market. If I had to do my car again, I would probably use a DPE system as it sounds a little deeper and dirtier (my preference)

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Yes get it tuned at OzTrack or CHE, headers don’t really make the sound (you can’t really tell difference one vs other). Don’t get trapped into buying massive peaky race headers.
Do research into catback spec for the sound you like but paying for branded pipes vs custom at an exhaust pro is insane.

lockwood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MSE
I would just like a deeper, slightly louder exhaust note for my MSE, can anyone suggest just mufflers, preferably that can still hook up with the bi-modal control?

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
I would just like a deeper, slightly louder exhaust note for my MSE, can anyone suggest just mufflers, preferably that can still hook up with the bi-modal control?
In the video i posted above with the stock mse and the walkinshaw kit fitted, they are using a difilippo system, if you want something deep and dont want to spend a tonne of money, maybe a difilippo catback ($1800) that might keep you satisfied? just get eho ever fits it to retain the factory bimodal system like the second video i shared.

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
Maybe lol at removing the front cans, not the rear.

I heard a VF that had removed front resonators, and replaced with a X pipe that sounded ok.

Stock system with changing rear cans is potentially drone territory IMO

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Just to clarify my car (DREMSE in the first video) has the 385kw pack from C&A Auto. WS do use the same parts though.
well those 2 videos go hand in hand then!

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Maybe lol at removing the front cans, not the rear.

I heard a VF that had removed front resonators, and replaced with a X pipe that sounded ok.

Stock system with changing rear cans is potentially drone territory IMO

I replaced a 3 inch pacemaker cat back with resonators for a 2.5 inch Hurricane system with x pipe. Used the same rear mufflers.

The Hurricane did sound better, but the dreaded drone appeared. I'm guessing the X pipe may have something to do with it

Status
Not open for further replies.