Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are all W375 packs the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Monstar if you are against companies making profit, whatever the margin, are you an anti-capitalist?

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
WS are like Telstra, they charge a premium for something that doesn't really exist. Some people will spot that and seek better value for the same or a better product elsewhere. Others are happy to pay the premium for a number of reasons, they can afford it, they feel safer with a bigger, more reputable company, basically it feels like less of a risk. Some will go one way, others the opposite. We all understand this so let's move on?

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
And why does a VE owner spend so much time in VF threads and so little in the VE section?

VF to VE really isn't much of a difference when talking power train stuff.

re other comments some people like to drop of a car and pick it up handover $$$$ others enjoy doing mods them self(that's me).

No ones right or wrong(except chev badges) enjoy your car!!!

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Monstar, what do you do for a living? From memory wine?
How do you ever find the time to post so often on here?
I find your posts intelligently written (although I will admit to being confused occasionally) and I am more of a observer than a contributor here...... but genuinely wonder where you find the time?
I prioritise my time here by setting almost everyone to IGNORE, with 500+ whinging fools locked away in the pig pen there's plenty of quality questions and banter.
Grapes take a long time to grow.
Exactly. A shedload of time and beer to make a shedload of foine woine.
And why does a VE owner spend so much time in VF threads and so little in the VE section?
I'm a boundary rider OK? I follow the zeta rainbow where it takes me, Camaro, SS, HSV, VXR, Chevy SS, G8, VE/VF.
VE Folk tend to be a bit more savvy looking up answers to FAQs.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Monstar if you are against companies making profit, whatever the margin, are you an anti-capitalist?
By and large, yes. Coles, Woolies, banks, Jacobs Creek. But that's another forum innit?
I mean what does that have to do with the specific bunch of arseholes banging out dangerous component combinations, through lack of engineering research, skirt around the consumer's rights and dust their hands when the shoddy product inevitably blows up?

Last edited:

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
I'm a boundary rider OK? I follow the zeta rainbow where it takes me, Camaro, SS, HSV, VXR, Chevy SS, G8, VE/VF.
VE Folk tend to be a bit more savvy looking up answers to FAQs.

Thanks I got it now, they won't put up with you.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
By and large, yes. Coles, Woolies, banks, Jacobs Creek. But that's another forum innit?
I mean what does that have to do with the specific bunch of arseholes banging out dangerous component combinations, through lack of engineering research, skirt around the consumer's rights and dust their hands when the shoddy product inevitably blows up?
It is another forum yes, but any insight gained into your complex psyche is a question worth asking

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Been thinking of the W375 or W407 for my MY16 Redline. Main reasons are to get some more V8 sound from the car and to extract some more HP from what is a vey mild stock tune IMO.

I would love a blower but can't get the funds nor do I want the hassle with limited insurance options, engineers certificates etc. NA will do for now.

So far the W375 pack looks like the best option due to bang for buck as well as the fact that it will better suit my needs as a daily driver in Sydney traffic.

1. Is the W375 pack a better and louder sounding exhaust over the stock VFII system? Both at idle and acceleration?

2. Are all W375 packs created equal. By this I mean are they all the same systems or do you get a choice over 3" vs 2.5" etc

3. Would keeping the stock Mufflers with the Bimodals be a good idea or should I just scrap everything for the complete W375 exhaust system (my bimodal is currently disconnected)

4. Any notable cons by moving to the W375 vs stock form? One obvious one is that I would be limited to 98 fuel vs 91&95 but I fill up on 98 now anyway. Any others?

5. Should I ditch the W375 and look at another package? I hear good things about Manta and Hurricane systems (good sound, no droning etc)? Who would offer a similar and cheaper pack with a superior tune in Sydney? Could I expect a better than the claimed WS 375 Flywheel kw's?

Thanks

Re question are all 375 packs the same I believe so but the Adelaide mob Morpowa claim to to dyno and road tuning so maybe its not a generic tune????

SSV 407

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I only commented because I don't like people being put down for the choices they make. Each to his own :p

Status
Not open for further replies.