Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are any JC members affected by the floods?

supahot1!

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my10 SSV - My10 Prado grande - MY10 SR5 HiLux
I had Just bought another toyota hilux as a addition to my company vechile fleet and that pissed to absouloute crap.

supahot1!

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my10 SSV - My10 Prado grande - MY10 SR5 HiLux
woops forgot to mention it was pissed to crap by the floods

LOL

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Isn't wivenhoe going to undergo an inquiry into why they did not release more water prior to the floods, seeing that it had been raining so badly for 4 weeks prior?

From engineers reports floating around, wivenhoe was the sole cause of the extensive brisbane flooding...

Dam's releases blamed for inundation | The Australian

Tough really...if they released all the water and it didn't flood, well there would be an uproar also, I dare say they knew what was coming with so much wet around though.

I don't think it's a tough decision at all. The summer period is always the wet season in QLD. Heavy rains for the next 3 - 4 months are to be expected. The amount of rain in this particular event may not have been predicted 4 weeks out however it was known for many days that a large amount of rain was due to fall, more than enough to create flood events.

Reaper

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Should have, could have, would have. I think it is easy to look at things with the benefit of hindsight and make claims as to what should have been done. Same thing happened with the fires down here. Hopefully the inquiry looks into what actually happened so something can be learned for the future and it doesn't just turn into a witch hunt.

Good link as well Dayvo. Really puts things into perspective.