Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are any member here into high end Tv's and Sound

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Yeah as most of you know I'm big time it satellite watching with Plenty of dishes + plenty of Decoders but most of you dont know I'm big Time anything to do with High end Tv's plus a superior Sound System including Sub Woofers +the Lounges and light Shakers. Tomorrow I will add to this post so you know what I have and what I by from the US (Shakers not available here in Oz) and Amazon for UHD Movies only because a good percentage will never be purchased here in Australia.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Funny thing is 51 views and nobody likes another Hobby. Yes I have notice this on other car Forums as most spend their money on Cars and noting else on anything that entertain them at night or when it rains. Put it this way We have spent a Fortune on my Sat TV room that need a complex Computer room, we have spent a fortune on cars in the last 50 odd years and we have spent a zillion on our theater room but yet I'm a tight arse as I buy clothe from the Cheap shop or get bargains from KMart.
WE had a Very good Forum for TV's and that was DTV Forum but it was taken over by StereoNet and the owner there told you id you come with a good idea THEY OWN IT, Puffff 99% of DTV Forum either went to Whirlpool or other. I've been a Member of the AVS Forumfor 10 odd years but its a American Forum. Yes it a Very Good Forum.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I do like my TV stuff too! I’m not sure if I’m a ‘high end’ as yourself though?

I try to buy most of my movies on UHD BluRays and have a LG OLED. I’m not so much in to the sound side of things as I have a hearing impairment and use a cochlear implant.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I'll admit, I should have spent more on an entertainment system when I was younger instead of entertaining in the bedroom and having 5 kids as a result....Would have a heap more cash to blow on entertainment systems now, instead of spending my spare money on the 10 grandkids that have come from my early day mistakes....;)

Also got to remember, you couldn't upload those videos on youtube back in my day, to help pay for better entertainment systems, otherwise I'd definately be set

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
No 4K here, still running plasma's... 65" Panasonic in the lounge room and a 50" Pioneer in the bedroom.
When the Panasonic calls it quits, I'll upgrade to a 4K OLED display.
Got a pretty decent 7.2 audio system for the HT.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Plenty of us have other hobbies, its also probably why you didnt get a response within your 24hr window.

Would i like to have some seriously high end stuff for listing to music? Absolutely.
Can I afford it? Definitely not. Well not the stuff i'd want from people who deal with it day in day out.
Have built my own speakers, Floorstanding boxes built from scratch, speakers were the Vifa JV60 kit from Jaycar many years ago.
Seen documents to modify them from 2.5way to 2 way and then build an active sub, but like most things its a "one day" project.

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
I run a 15K sound system in my car. Focal utopia be kit no 7, pioneer P99RS Head Unit. Hertz amps Focal sub installed by FHRX studios back when steroes were the thing to have

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
got to have a good audio system, always been into music and home theatre, ive got a Marantz surround amp, Aaron floor mains, Aaron center, edifier rears and..... SVS Ultra PB13 sub... if u want deep deep bass my god had this sub for bit over 12 months and jees i dont think the house is up for it

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Cheap Full HD 50" Hisense smart TV it's fine for me as I think TV is something you do when there is nothing else you can do. I think too much TV breeds laziness, so I don't allow this house to pay multiple subscriptions, when there is plenty of jobs that need doing.

We have some $120 internet box from Harvey Norman that gives us 50 odd channels, plus Netflix, and most other online TV that you pay for. We use the free trials a bit and then cancel before you have to pay. Enough people in this house that we can get a few free trials.

Home Theatre amp is a 12 year old Pioneer, was pretty **** hot when I bought it. It has some pretty decent Jamo surround sound x5 speakers and a sub. It's sounds pretty nice. I don't feel the need to ever upgrade the amp or speakers.

When the TV dies we will look at something better. Trouble is all I see now is $2k TVs. Seems like the days of buying something decent under $1000 are long gone.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
got to have a good audio system, always been into music and home theatre, ive got a Marantz surround amp, Aaron floor mains, Aaron center, edifier rears and..... SVS Ultra PB13 sub... if u want deep deep bass my god had this sub for bit over 12 months and jees i dont think the house is up for it
I'm running a pair of SVS SB12+ subs, and 5 Whatmough Monitor Performance Series and 2 Krix Atmospherix.