Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are Ex or Current Cops cars equipped with a modifed chip?

Soybean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 5-speed
my uncles mate bought an ex-cop car, dunno whether it was a chaser or not, its V6, has no catalytic converter, a cold air intake(off the shelf job) , a souped up alternator and it goes like a rocket.

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
i heard they have nos fitted to some newer cop cars to keep up with the fast street racers.

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
off topic

mmm totally off topic but do cops use wagons much if at all? i kno they have their cage cars and normal cop cars but wagons?? coz there was a new VZ commo wagon sittin on a hill that is really suss for keepin under 50km/h on, its about 500m long, dead straight and its a pretty steep downhill. i coasted down it once in neutral and got to 95-100, this wagon didnt have any ariels or bullshete or gov plates but mmm i was doing bout 70 :unsure: coasting in neutral and now im poopin me pants that ill get done for speedin, bein on my P's and all...:embarrass :(

oh and on topic, i nearly got in a fight the other day, a bloke had a VS V6 that was an ex cop car and he had decked it out with a body kit and 3" exhaust and went around telling everyone it had a cop chip in it. tried to tell him otherwise and he threatened to beat my head in lol, some ppl neva learn

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
There are cop station wagons here in Melbourne. Marked ones..

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
hrmm here in port lincoln... 650km away from Adelaide... hopefully not... only thing that got me worried was that there seemed to be a little flash when i went past, but i went past an hour later, the car had gone and the flash was just the sun flicking through the trees on the side of the road.. i think im just stressin out too much haha hopefully :D

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Shounak said:
FE2 is 1/2 inch lower then stock? That's 1.1cm..

FE2 is more like an inch, usually a bit more though. About 30mm..

Actually it's 1.27cm :D . Sorry.

Tom04

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2
Morgasshk how fast do u get from 0-100?

a guy in my town just got a vy ex cop car an he rekons its still got the "polioce chip" in it an rekons it goes from 0-100 in 6.8 secs?
does that sound right?

is it possible that some cop cars get a chip an some dont. for instance rural police?

peninsulabands

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ SS 6.0 TUR(i)SMO
its not only police vehicles that get the FE2 suspension.
i have a 94 vr wagon that was an ex ambulance car.
i bought it for $6000.
the engine is not the engine the car was built with. as the car dealer had trouble registering the car because of the different engine which we already knew about. new engine as done about 150,000 k's. so im guessing the car has actually done about 500,000?
also has FE2 suspension, sports exhaust and new transmission (auto).
why would an ambulance car need a sports exhaust? no idea.
anyway. it goes pretty hard.
one of my mates has a vr 5.0 litre statesman and another mate has a vs supercharged v6 caprice and i keep up pretty easily.
and i doubt anyone has modified the chip.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Tom04 said:
Morgasshk how fast do u get from 0-100?

a guy in my town just got a vy ex cop car an he rekons its still got the "polioce chip" in it an rekons it goes from 0-100 in 6.8 secs?
does that sound right?

is it possible that some cop cars get a chip an some dont. for instance rural police?

.......no........