Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are Ex or Current Cops cars equipped with a modifed chip?

M

Marty's_SV6

Tom04 said:
Morgasshk how fast do u get from 0-100?

a guy in my town just got a vy ex cop car an he rekons its still got the "polioce chip" in it an rekons it goes from 0-100 in 6.8 secs?
does that sound right?

is it possible that some cop cars get a chip an some dont. for instance rural police?

Read the first page of thread.....Enough said!!!!!

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
calais_hero said:
just my 2c, i know its going a bit off topic but here in perth there is a blue wrx that has been modified alot and i mean alot, it is an undercover street race sting car. every time were in freo you see it behind sum rice burner that just got stung, so the cops do have modified cars just not commy's and falcons

True there is a blue WRX cop car in perth, however, it is not "heavily modified". It pretty stock actually. (it pulled me over late last year) So unless they have turned it into a monster in that time i i am sure that it is stock.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Tom04 said:
Morgasshk how fast do u get from 0-100?

a guy in my town just got a vy ex cop car an he rekons its still got the "polioce chip" in it an rekons it goes from 0-100 in 6.8 secs?
does that sound right?

is it possible that some cop cars get a chip an some dont. for instance rural police?

That's a really crapy time for a gen III VY (but seems to be about how fast most of them go) maybe he has the special go slow chip :yeah:

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
95% of Police cars are not chipped with anything other than what is supplied by Holden or Ford or Mitsubishi or any other brand they may use.
The other 5%, who knows.
Certainly nobody working for Holden or servicing standard police cars would know what was in or done to the cars that are serviced in house, and yes they do exist.
The average Police Pack has the standard chip with the possible slight mods to the idle as mentioned previously. Because the Holden specs show it was delivered that way does not mean it stays that way after delivery. Holden would have no idea.
On the other hand it doesn't prove that some are fitted with aftermarket chips either.
Unless you are currently in the Force and servicing these cars I don't think you could say with conviction one way or the other if chips are fitted to some vehicles.
The only Police cars that I can say are certainly modded and running performance chips, among other things, is the old Tango 1 and new Tango 1 drag cars here in Perth. They were prepared by the Police Force.

The only true answer to the original question is that no ex cop car is sold with anything but the standard chip so if you do buy one with an aftermarket chip someone else put it there.

Dezza

your local HSV dealer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
lol was that a wrx i seen it around northbridge 2 or 3 times i thought it was a lancer he had a blue light on the roof pulled some p plater over in a silvia but i my area gosnells there is a corolla all dressed up in blue and white and a few under cover magnas pain in the ass when u drive up to the magna then look threw the window and decide to slow down cause theres 2 copppers sitting in there

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Pretender said:
Certainly nobody working for Holden or servicing standard police cars would know what was in or done to the cars that are serviced in house, and yes they do exist.

sorry but police cars are reflashed with updates on a regular basis as part of the normal servicing procedures & they all take standard calibrations.

Pretender said:
The average Police Pack has the standard chip with the possible slight mods to the idle as mentioned previously.

there are no police specific calibrations, the last was VTV8 for the increased idle.

Pretender said:
Unless you are currently in the Force and servicing these cars I don't think you could say with conviction one way or the other if chips are fitted to some vehicles.

The police cars are serviced under contract by dealers, having driven all types of current police cars regularly they dont go any differently to any other similar vehicle.

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Doctor Bob said:
sorry but police cars are reflashed with updates on a regular basis as part of the normal servicing procedures & they all take standard calibrations.

there are no police specific calibrations, the last was VTV8 for the increased idle.

The police cars are serviced under contract by dealers, having driven all types of current police cars regularly they dont go any differently to any other similar vehicle.

Yes I totally agree all the marked cars and most of the unmarked cars are serviced under a fleet contract. There are however vehicles that nobody outside the Force service.
They are "Special Use" vehicles and are only worked on in house due to their setup and equipment installed. As for possible mechanical mods, who knows? This is based on The WA Force and I am tentatively assuming it would be the same elsewhere.
As I said before it does not mean that these cars are modded, just that we don't know for sure.

Just stating what was in a previous post about the raised idle.

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
****ing lol at this thread....

i dont know where some of the " they have police chips for faster cornering " answers come from lol but **** do they entertain me.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Lol, too many people have "friends", "mates", "uncles" and "next door neighbours fruit shop owners son's daughters boyfriends dads" telling them info they have heard from someone else.

I reckon Vicop should be able to clear this one up for us all!! I'll link him the thread and see what he has to say about it? If people are going to take the "solid word" of a mate over an actual Police officer, then trying to prove them otherwise is like banging your head against a brick wall.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I rekon you should've looked at the epiic thread dig before reviving the 600th cop chip thread.

for the record, unicorns horn!