Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are GM Aussie management still living in a river in Egypt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Seems GM‘s Aussie management feel that their customers have no I’ll will towards them as they seem customers flocking to their low volume vehicles. And they defend their parts supply and warranty practices. So in GM eye’s, don’t see any backlash from shutting Holden.

For me, such statements are just spin as GSMV customers aren’t really from the Holden base considering the price of the corvette and their monster trucks… I’d say tneir base isn’t happy, I’m not happy and probably some forum members aren’t happy with parts availability, parts pricing and warranty behaviour.

To me it seems GM are just sidestepping the whole saga of their own making as they couldnt give a fcuk about their old Holden customer base. They’ve gone “upmarket” and their next scheme will be to bring in a Cadillac EV. They simply don’t have the fortitude to say they are seeking a new customer bas for their niche vehicles…

Me, I’d search far and wide to buy anything other than GM products. How do others feel when reading the above tripe?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I will never buy anything GM anymore.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
A couple of weeks ago, I kicked the tyres, and had a sit and fiddle in a Corvette. Not really a car for 182cm, old blokes.
Trying to get out of it reminded me of that classic video of Clive Palmer trying to exit gracefully from his Merc AMG.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
If your in the market for a sports car for around $150k AU a 2022 Corvette is great bang for your buck
Too bad it’s half that price in the US. Usual ripoff merchants when car imports are involved. There was a reason the former LNP government under Turnbull backed down on repealing the grey import restrictions now we don’t have a car industry to defend. Now they have car importers to defend!

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Too bad it’s half that price in the US. Usual ripoff merchants when car imports are involved. There was a reason the former LNP government under Turnbull backed down on repealing the grey import restrictions now we don’t have a car industry to defend. Now they have car importers to defend!
We have always paid more for imported goods, but for multiple reasons, conversion rates, wages, interest rates, numbers of vehicles sold per capita

The 2002 Corvette in the US goes for around $70k USD for the same spec we get here

Currently $70k USD = so around $110k AU, then add in $40k AUD for shipping, import duty and stamp duty, rego and stuff and it isn't really that bad

Historically typical to the 2004 Monaro, about $50k AUD new, and the 2004 Pontiac GTO for $32k USD

Meh, remeber about 5 years ago when a Mustang cost $150k AUD, then 1 year later about $80k AUD for the next model.....LOL, that made me laugh hard

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.