Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are GM Aussie management still living in a river in Egypt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I have just researched the title of this thread regarding "GM Aussie management" and found that a lot of web references are out of date.
I don't think Dave Buettner is involved in anyway now. :rolleyes:
A bloke called Marc Ebolo was appointed back in 2020 as head of the new GMSV, which is not Holden.
Ryan Walkinshaw gets more media attention than any current management executives.

Seems that the Titanic has just been abandoned and left to drift in search of an iceberg.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
All true
I still have mine because it made the perfect "teach the kids to drive stick" and eventually my daughter just could not resist it.

The only drive stick being used is the one you were born with pal....The crap you put up is unbelieveable

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The "based on" shorter wheelbase made for an inferior performer. Ruined the WD.

Moronic comment with G8 and Chevy SS recently mentioned.

Another moronic comment.
15,000 US Caprice PPV's, all with a 50/50 WD, lots with LS engines, highly capable cars. 50/50 side to side too.

Please ask your members what they think about your comments.

No need to ask his members about his comments....

Your comments on the other hand are completely false and you need to research the topics a little better before commenting

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Fark some of you guys get argumentative over petty things

You must be real fun at parties and family gatherings

This is probably why some forums die, people jumping up and down on anyone who either makes a mistake, or says something that they don't like or agree with, they don't educate, or discuss things

As we seem to all have the common infliction of loving the infernal combustion engine, we should be helping members to strengthen the community

I've said and done some stupid stuff, and been wrong in some of the information I have thrown out there, but typically people will point out my errors and then guide/teach/mentor me in ways to help, not hinder, and definitely not berate

I actually thought the original comment by Immortality were rather harsh, could he have said things differently, been more helpful, I believe so, but then that's my opinion

But then I have been trained to be a educator/instructor, in the military some people say and do some pretty stupid, and occasionally dangerous stuff when new to system or procedure, but we don't just "get on them", we stop them when required, point out where a mistake was made, teach them how to correct the error, and then all is well, you teach, they learn, happy days

If I ever make a mistake, and I do make them more than I like, I am more than happy for someone to point it out to me, then I expect a "fix" or at least point me in the right direction

Don't we all come here learn stuff, that's why I joined this site, I love when I learn new things, it would be a sad day if I didn't learn something new every day, whether that is someone correcting my error, or how much torque a stock LS1 conrod will hold before they "exit stage left, or right even"....(where's that bold quote from????, if you know you probably aren't young)

Well, that's my opinion anyway

But, as we all know, opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
download.jpeg-4.jpg

Reacher

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Caprice
The VF II sedan was an almost perfect front to rear weight distribution of 50:50 while the VF II Ute was @ 53:47 .

Kerb weight varied with the SS @ 1745 kg (a bit porky to say the least).
All true.

The Chevy SS and the G8 did suffer for having their wheelbase shortened in WD. This is true.

Reacher

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Caprice
The only drive stick being used is the one you were born with pal....The crap you put up is unbelieveable

Insulting? Not factual? Just sad?
This is probably why some forums die, people jumping up and down on anyone who either makes a mistake, or says something that they don't like or agree with, they don't educate, or discuss things

As we seem to all have the common infliction of loving the infernal combustion engine, we should be helping members to strengthen the community

I've said and done some stupid stuff, and been wrong in some of the information I have thrown out there, but typically people will point out my errors and then guide/teach/mentor me in ways to help, not hinder, and definitely not berate

I actually thought the original comment by Immortality were rather harsh, could he have said things differently, been more helpful, I believe so, but then that's my opinion

How about the comments (plural) from vc commodore and Immortality?

Don't we all come here learn stuff, that's why I joined this site, I love when I learn new things, it would be a sad day if I didn't learn something new every day, whether that is someone correcting my error, or how much torque a stock LS1 conrod will hold before they "exit stage left, or right even"....(where's that bold quote from????, if you know you probably aren't young)

Well, that's my opinion anyway

I have repeatedly used factual sources from others to back up my assertions. When I did add my comment to your quote, I admitted it, went back and edited it (thanks Skylarking). Instead of making fun of a 1938 movie from GM, try to see the truth in the ancient example? Not for the most contentious here. Including Immortality.
"I actually thought the original comment by Immortality were rather harsh"
Many comments from Immortality. That's also true, he was condescending and argumentive and threatening, just because I was stating a truth he didn't like. A long way from honoring education.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
No. Once again you are not listening.

The Chevy SS is the US import model of the Holden Commodore and that is THE STANDARD WHEELBASE. The Caprice PPV is the extended wheel base model, not the standard model.

You are factually wrong.

End of thread. End of topic.

/thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.