Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are my cars cursed or what?

fr3dd0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Calais and VS II exec
I rekon somebody's been doing some voodoo magic on me...

First my VS exec was stolen by a drunken ex-flatmate idiot who siezed the motor in it. Its been sitting on the sided of the road ever since.

Then I bought a VS2 Calais. Within 7 hours of buying it, it slid out in the wet at about 15km/h round a dodgy corner and ended up in a ditch on it's side. Luckily the only real damage was the drivers door.

Then, last week i backed into my flatmates car coming out of the driveway.

And then to top it all off, going down Mona Vale Rd in a 90 zone the car in front of me ran over a huge stick which flew up and smashed the drivers side headlight and put a big dent in the bonnet.

Never had any issues before this and now it seems that the gods have decided they dont like me.

What do you rekon, just bad luck or is there some kind of higher power at work here? lol.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
these things normally haven i 3's hope thats the last of it for ya

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Well you might have a better luck with a Ford :)

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
Mate,i feel ur pain,my first car was a datt'o 120Y,great little gutless wonder,than i got a TM magna,not long after it started dying,smoke pured out the back,had to fill up the water every 2nd day and oil every 5.Finnally went out and bought a commodore,a nice VL with full Group A body kit,i loved that car to death,funny when i did nothing but fix **** on it,than when everthing seemed ok,i lost 2nd gear(car was auto),so i replaced the gearbox and it was running perfect,until a week later some tosser pulled out in front of me in the wet,i was about 5 metres away from him,long story short,both cars got were write-off's.Next car was a white VL with the Group A kit,this was faster than the last,i put a beefy exhaust on and i was happy,until the motor died,i replaced the motor and than had to much to do for rego so i got rid of it and got a VS Acclaim,all was well until once again,the motor died,that replaced other things started going wrong,so,when i seen my current car in a holden dealership,i set out to get it,now im still taking it back so they can fix **** on it,and thats my story on bad luck with cars

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
Turn two cars into one! Engine cursed on the exec & body cursed on the calais. This way you should be invincible :D!

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
S**t guys i would say by a horse and cart but the horse would be lame and the cart would fall apart.
That is some of the worst luck i have heard of with cars (im sure there is worse but i havnt heard it yet).
I hope things start to get better for you fella's, but i do have a little thing that i do with my cars, if there is something in my car that is a minor problem (as long as its not detremental to the running of the car) i leave it broken or not working as i find if i do fix it there will be another problem that will pop up to replace it usually somehthing worse.
Neways good luck wiht it all.

SWE11L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina/ KJ Verada/ 88 Trans Am
my first car was a VB, which i had completely rebuilt and 2 weeks after getting it back it slid on a dodgy bit of road that had fat tree roots busting through it and i hit an old tree stump head on and wrote it off, second was a mint VC, to this day its still my fave, some fool side swiped me and sent me into a telegraph pole at 50k's, third was a VL exec which was an ABSOLUTE shitbox, 2 transmissions, 3 engines and thousands $ of other crap and got sold to a comm wrecker for $300, very happy with my current VS, nothing real major in almost 3 years, touch wood....

WILD VR CLUBBY

lack of licence
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy s
my cars old body kit was cursed
first the side skirts were stolen then i smashed the frount then on the hume one of the rear bumper bolts cam lose and riped the bumper into 2
now i got a new body kit and never had a prob