Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are my spark plugs original ?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I have been wondering about this for a while. I bought my VE Berlina with Alloytec at 135 000K. The standard interval for spark plugs is 105 or 120 ? from memory, so they should have been changed before I got it. All the services have been done by Holden and the book stamped, but it was a fleet car and you just never know who's done what.
Is there any way I can tell if the inlet manifold has ever been removed - suggesting that the plugs were done, or not ? Is there a tell tale colour factory silastic or something ? I'd like to know for sure they were done, just so i don't try and get to 210 K on original plugs lol, nor waste my time pulling the manifold off to find 6 new plugs under neath. The car runs nice and goes well. Just one of those what ifs that won't go away.
Thanks.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
You can never be sure with a 2nd hand car mate. For the sake of of a few $, I'd just change them anyway.... only way to be sure everything is as it should be.

BruceSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS auto
ring the Holden dealer where the service was done and they should tell you what parts were used. I did that when we bought a used Hyundai for my daughter. Hyundai would not reprint the service invoice for me for privacy reasons but told me what had been done

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
thanks for the responses, i had considered calling the dealer but never got around to it. I'll give them a call, and if they won't help i guess that proves I should go with UFO's suggestion and change them.