Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are nitrous systems legal in QLD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
UFO: Why is "NOS" (actually nitrous, NOS is a brand of nitrous kit) installed on the street bad news? Also why are the laws there in the first place?
NAWSSS is a bad idea on the street i would think for a number of reasons. Safety would be one, also, there is no POSSIBLE circumstance where an extra 25,50,100,200hp is needed in an instant. Other than for race purposes. I mean, if your car's such a slug it wont turn the wheels in stock form for "the boys" and you need NAWWWSS to do a small standstill then you might aswell hand your penis in at the door when you buy the kit.

iUte

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute 328RWkW 3.9 LSD Rip Shifter
It's a sign of the times I guess, when even car enthusiasts are worried about safety.

I struggle to understand the mentality of ppl harping on about Safety on website designed for car enthusiasts. If you are so concerned about Safety, trade in your v8 and buy a Prius with all the extra airbags.

I didn't buy a v8 and do up the engine because I wanted to be safe Haha

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
It's a sign of the times I guess, when even car enthusiasts are worried about safety.

I struggle to understand the mentality of ppl harping on about Safety on website designed for car enthusiasts. If you are so concerned about Safety, trade in your v8 and buy a Prius with all the extra airbags.

It's sheer stupidity and irresponsibility NOT to care about the safety of yourself, and indeed other people on the road.

With the mentality of not caring about being safe, maybe you should trade in your car for a set of stout walking shoes and make the roads safer.

M1LMO3

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Mate I've got a few words for you firstly the road is not a racetrack there is no need for nitrous.

Secondly your not the only person on the f**king road grew up and do yourself and the rest of us a favour and leave your car for the racetrack or in the shed before you kill yourself or someone else.

And honestly being a car enthusiast doesn't mean you have no brains or respect for law and other road users.

We know the boundaries and safety levels and if your stupid enough to disregard this, well being in the police force myself I hope we hit you like a ton of bricks and don't worry ever drive past me and I'll light you up straight away. And we can discuss why this is a stupid thing to do in person.

iUte

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
I thought I could smell bacon with that post hahahaha Jk

Point taken mate, lighten up

I've spent a few yrs living and working in 3rd world countries, which really opens up your eyes. We are extremely safe here which is great, but I also think we live in a Gestapo state.

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
I thought I could smell bacon with that post hahahaha Jk

Point taken mate, lighten up

I've spent a few yrs living and working in 3rd world countries, which really opens up your eyes. We are extremely safe here which is great, but I also think we live in a Gestapo state.
You are a very silly young man:lock:Ifought the law, and the law won, wake up! FOOL.

iUte

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
No need for the name calling and abuse mate, this forums has terms and conditions you are breaking when you call people "fool"

Food for thought seeing as you are the one going on about laws and rules. Try following them maybe

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
No need for the name calling and abuse mate, this forums has terms and conditions you are breaking when you call people "fool"

Food for thought seeing as you are the one going on about laws and rules. Try following them maybe
WELL, arn't you the shrinking violet! you think that can smell bacon,i suggest you insert the NOS hose up your fundement and apply full boost.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
UFO: Why is "NOS" (actually nitrous, NOS is a brand of nitrous kit) installed on the street bad news? Also why are the laws there in the first place?

Thanks for clearing that up mate, I had no idea. :banstick:
Here you go: Nitrous oxide engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Nitrous is often used as an abbreviation for nitrous oxide, also referred to as NOS"
And if you have to ask why NOS installed on a street car is wrong and why there's laws preventing it, then you're a monkey... and a selfish one at that.

What a selfish and stupid post.
I got nothing against legal mods.... on a V8 or Prius, doesnt matter.
But when dumbasses think it's ok to have NOS installed on a street car 'as long as it's hidden from the bacon', then it really does piss me off.
What makes you think you have the right to put other road users lives in danger?
You honestly think a shot of NOS on a public road with other cars potentially pulling out in front of you is a good idea?
FFS man, wake up!
Even if you happen to not kill anyone else and just yourself, you think its fair that some copper or paramedic has to see your dumb mangled brain strewn all over the road? What about your family? Friends in the car maybe?
NOS comes on hard and fast. What makes you think you have superhuman reaction times to stop losing control of the car and leaving you with nothing but regret?

Yeah yeah I'm coming down hard, but with every post you make you seem to be getting dumber and dumber.
It's EXACTLY people like you that give real car enthusiasts a bad name. You arent a car enthusiast, you are a HOON.... there's a BIG difference, and you are a shining example of what that is.
I'm not trying to offend you, just telling you like it is. Car enthusiasts can appreciate cars without ignoring road rules and safety requirements. Hoon's dont give a **** about road rules and safety requirements.
It's that same selfishness that makes you refer to police as "bacon" or pigs.
Lack of respect, lack of intelligence, lack of care for anybody else but themselves.

There's plenty of ways to seriously mod a car and still be legal.
I pay more premiums and get tougher rules and regulations to follow because of poor attitudes like your one.
Your line of thinking is the reason why the car scene has had to suffer more the last 15 years than ever before. So thanks for nothing. Enjoy your NOS. Hope it helps you in your next street drag.

End of rant, not saying any more on this topic. Dumbasses will be offended by it and think I'm passing judgement unfairly.... but as a fellow road user (and someone that has loved ones that also use the road), I got every right to be pissed off when selfish pricks think its ok to put a gun to my head or those I care about, and then tell me that it's none of my business what they do with their car. Save it for the track boys, that's where REAL MEN race.

Last edited:

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
There is no real need for nitrous on the street anyway.... It's not cheap, it's only limited use, keep it for the drag strip. I built and fitted kits years ago! using it on the street is irresponsible. It's not the power that it produces, it's the way that it introduces that power! I fitted a stage 3 (250hp) kit to a 351 'coon that had a worked engine..... The thing went like the showers of $h!t as it was... when you gassed it and the nitrous cut in, i released a bit of poo and wee. Scary ****!! I can certainly understand why it is illegal, even though there are cars out there with a crap load of power already.

Status
Not open for further replies.