Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are Pitbulls illegal in S.A

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Me and my son got attacked by pit bull while walking my on lead dog down a street it kept trying to latched on my dogs throat we belted the crap out of the thing with a bonnet strut and and some other car parts we just bought and the thing kept going at us even though we broke its ribs ,by time the it was stopped 15 to 20 minutes later by the owner kids who were walking it off a lead ,I was bleeding and my son (17) was bleeding and my dog was bleeding
After the attack the owner hid the dog so it coudnt be destroyed witnesses told us that it attacked another dog and killed a cat on the street two days before

These dogs seem to always appeal to idiots who cant look after them and then wont take any responsibility when they attack ,also as dog attacks occur they seem overly represent in the proportion of the breed to the population of dog keepers compared with other breeds

torch

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Me and my son got attacked by pit bull while walking my on lead dog down a street it kept trying to latched on my dogs throat we belted the crap out of the thing with a bonnet strut and and some other car parts we just bought and the thing kept going at us even though we broke its ribs ,by time the it was stopped 15 to 20 minutes later by the owner kids who were walking it off a lead ,I was bleeding and my son (17) was bleeding and my dog was bleeding
After the attack the owner hid the dog so it coudnt be destroyed witnesses told us that it attacked another dog and killed a cat on the street two days before

These dogs seem to always appeal to idiots who cant look after them and then wont take any responsibility when they attack ,also as dog attacks occur they seem overly represent in the proportion of the breed to the population of dog keepers compared with other breeds

That is one of the other issues that doesnt perhaps get as much mention as it should. These dogs are notorious for attacking smaller dogs for no other reason than they can(please no nonsense about the smaller dog picking the fight in the 1st place), especiallly when that smaller dog is being walked on lead, and makes somewhat of an easier target since it cant run away, often being walked by a frail elderly person or a child who if not doesnt suffer severe injuries themselves suffers an incredible amount of shock when seeing their pets neck crushed in a heart beat.

torch

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
I have only read a coulpe of the posts in here but here is what i have to say, an am staff is just a show dog pitbull they are the same thing this coming from an am staff breader where my mate just picked his new am staff pup up from, there is no such thing as lock jaw it is a myth pitbulls dont let go because they are stubbon as ####. now having been around a lot of pitbulls in my life but never owned one they are the best dogs in the world IMO espaically around kids my mates that have had them have all had young kids 5 an younger with no problems at all.As for attacking other dogs only time i have seen any of my mates pittys (i know about 10 pitbulls) have a go at another dog is when they come in to there yard.Thats all i have to say.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just thought i would throw this up, which one is the picture of the pitbull??? The other 3 are Am staffs, ill tell you tomorrow.If any1 cares.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 170
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 177
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 190

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
I suspect a trick question, could be none but if I was to choose it'd be number 2, pity the pics are so small. Not had much to do with Pitbulls so I'm not qualified to judge. Staffys are beautiful dogs with people but my favourite and still great with people and kids is Engish Bull Terriers, I've had a few. Engish Bull Terriers - Google Search

Edit: And they wouldn't get mixed up with Pitbulls but people still have an unnatural fear of them. Had many people cross the road to avoid them(or me?) and they were on a lead.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Just thought i would throw this up, which one is the picture of the pitbull??? The other 3 are Am staffs, ill tell you tomorrow.If any1 cares.

how about some decent size pictures?

but i'd say it's the second one

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry about pic size's dont know how to make them bigger, it was the 4th one.

Status
Not open for further replies.