Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are Pitbulls illegal in S.A

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice SII
As the title says. Just wondering if pitbulls are illegal in s.a. A guy from work bought one and i though he was crazy. but apparently you just register them as a american staffy. Surely a vet would be able to tell the difference???

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
yes they are
and trying to pass it off as another dog would be just plain stupid

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Yes there is a way to prove it is a pitbull. Hell a staffy and a pitbull have very distinctly different looks and behaviors. Youd have to be a moron not to notice it.

...and I swear to god if I see anyone trying to pass off Pitbulls as Staffys im going to curb stomp them.

torch

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Yes there is a way to prove it is a pitbull. Hell a staffy and a pitbull have very distinctly different looks and behaviors. Youd have to be a moron not to notice it.

...and I swear to god if I see anyone trying to pass off Pitbulls as Staffys im going to curb stomp them.

Aren't they just variations of bull terriers that used to fight in pits? There is no dividing line on what they look like which can classify the difference between an American Staffy and pitbull.

Behaviours, so two dogs can look identical and if they behave differently are different breeds? the vet will decide by asking whether it wants a carbon tax? you have to be kidding.

I cant understand why anyone would want these ugly and potentially lethal animals as a family pet.

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
I know a few people who have pitbulls what have been registered as a staffy. They are what a dog should be. If i wanted a crap little dog i would get a cat.

there_are_no_bad_dogs2_pm-thumb-270x270.jpg

Quickkkk someone call 911 this dogs about to kill kill kill!!!!!

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I know a few people who have pitbulls what have been registered as a staffy. They are what a dog should be. If i wanted a crap little dog i would get a cat.

there_are_no_bad_dogs2_pm-thumb-270x270.jpg

Quickkkk someone call 911 this dogs about to kill kill kill!!!!!

The main issue is that the people who seem to get pitbulls are mainly wankers who can't comprehend that it's their responsibility to train the things properly.

By design, pitbulls are a very powerful unit and can inflict serious damage. Thus why the need an owner to looks after them properly.

This is the case with all dogs. Sure there one or two excpetions were the dog is mentally unstable but usually it's got to do with the owner.

We had a Rottiweiler and people would say it's a dangerous dog. It's dangerous the same way a 1200hp street machine is. It's all about who is in control of it.

Just another case of media spin and public panic.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
100% agree with Jester on this!

Status
Not open for further replies.