Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are RollCages Legal?

RibSmasherAu

RibSmasher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh V8 Project And Vn Family
Hi just wondering if rollcages are legal i have a 4 point in my vh just wondering if i need to remove before i take in for blue slip?

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted, tuned, sick pantha VS
if it's welded throw away your chances of registering it again but if it's bolted in you can still register it either way i would still take it out also it will need a engineers report/blueplate whatever there called down there

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
if it's welded throw away your chances of registering it again but if it's bolted in you can still register it either way i would still take it out also it will need a engineers report/blueplate whatever there called down there

In Victoria you can have a cage (welded or bolted) legally, so long as it conforms to guidelines set by vicroads.

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/35E021C8-0116-48E5-8EF6-BEDFCDF08265/0/VSI28.pdf

You don't even need an engineers if it's constructed as per the guidelines.

hmmm who to believe. seriously. its a tough choice.

have seen plenty of cars driving around the streets with rollcages

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Stocky, just remember that RibSmasherAu comes from NSW which is under the RTA! I would presume they'd have similar legislation to VicRoads, but someone would need to double check.

And i've seen plenty too, hell there's one that's always at my uni that's used in rally cross races.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Welded or bolted makes no difference but they need to be clear from your head, not running alongside the seat and not obstructing your view too much etc. Normal street type rules :)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Anybody know the procedure to change your registration classification from max 5 passengers down to 2 in Vic (as described in the pdf posted by luke)?

Reaper

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
i think itd just be a matter of removing seats and belts then going into vicroads and telling them and getting it inspected

RibSmasherAu

RibSmasher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh V8 Project And Vn Family
At the moment it is bolted in will take it down and see what they say i can't see it being a problem it is padded if it needs a engineers cert will just wait till i have all the mods i
want done first and just rego it without it for now. cheers everyone