Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are Series 1 and series 2 VE SS seats the same?

GrimV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Ute
As the subject suggests I'm trying to find out wether the VE SS (ute) seats are the same between Series 1 and Series 2?

Thanks in advance

GrimV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Ute
Just needing to find out as my mate has leather trim for sale out of a 2012 S2 SS ute. I'm wondering if they'll fit my 2010 S1 SS. I don't want to buy them and take them to an auto trimmer to be fitted to find out they don't fit.

GrimV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Ute
Yeah thought they look similar but I wasn't sure that the seat was the exact same shape. If they won't be a straight fit on to my seats then I might as well get the trimmer just to custom leather lol

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Just needing to find out as my mate has leather trim for sale out of a 2012 S2 SS ute. I'm wondering if they'll fit my 2010 S1 SS. I don't want to buy them and take them to an auto trimmer to be fitted to find out they don't fit.

Don't waste your money on the covers and an auto trimmer fitting cheap quality second rate leather to your car that will stretch and crack. You are better off keeping what you have or upgrading to a quality auto leather and spending the auto trimmer cash on making up and fitting a decent quality product.

GrimV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Ute
So Holden factory leather is **** quality? Only reason I was thinking of doing it was its damn cheap and the trim is 3000km old

rum87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Redline Ute M6
theyll fit fine mate, i changed my sv6 series 1 seats to a set of series 2 thunder seats i got from the wreckers that had only 5k on em. fittment was fine and alot more comfy then the originla seats.

GrimV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Ute
theyll fit fine mate, i changed my sv6 series 1 seats to a set of series 2 thunder seats i got from the wreckers that had only 5k on em. fittment was fine and alot more comfy then the originla seats.

So you replaced you seat trim (covers) with series 2 thunder covers and they fit fine? How much did you get stung to change the trim?

rum87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Redline Ute M6
sorry, i replaced the whole seats. i tihnk they cost me $600 for the leather bolstered thunder seats. original seats had not bolstered cushioning so made it alot better.

seat covers between series 1 and 2 in the ss seats i think fit but not 100% sure. im sure they changed the foam but not sure whether they changed the shape.

just reread your original question u were asking about the trim.. sorry for the confusion.

GrimV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Ute
sorry, i replaced the whole seats. i tihnk they cost me $600 for the leather bolstered thunder seats. original seats had not bolstered cushioning so made it alot better.

seat covers between series 1 and 2 in the ss seats i think fit but not 100% sure. im sure they changed the foam but not sure whether they changed the shape.

just reread your original question u were asking about the trim.. sorry for the confusion.

Yeah I knew the seats would be a direct bolt in affair but I'm not sure about the seat trims. I might just give it a miss and pay to get them retrimmed by a pro