Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are the 6 speed gearboxes in the VS/VR 215i Senators the same as the 1's in the VY,VZ

Epic_Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
72 hq 350 Chev and Peter Brock Vl
Hey Guys

I'm trying to sort out a T56 for my Supercharged 304 VS SS, I have found a guy stripping his project down and he has a 6 speed out of a stroked 215i VS or VR senator he says they are the same but I want to be sure before I hand over the money. Are they the same gearbox as the T56 in the VT/VY/VZ etc etc

Cheers

Jayden

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I've heard the VR/VS T56 setup is a little bit more 'bitsa' than what VT/VY/VZ/VE are running, but if you're going from VR/VS to VR/VS you shouldn't have any problems. Just remember to grab all the associated bits, ECU, tail shaft, pedal box, master cylinder (if it uses one), cross member, centre console, etc...

To my knowledge they are the same animal, but the LS T56's probably have a few revisions and corrections on them, probably a different bellhousing and casing too. Either way, the VR/VS setup is rare as hens teeth and bolts straight in.

Also, check to see if it is a 6 speed because most of the manual Senators I've seen are T5's.