Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

are these cold air intake kits any good??

crazzyboy_16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec Wagon
I just recently put on a SC CAI intake on my VS wagon with a K and N Performance filter and the car goes better, good for travelling around on the highways keeps the engine nice and cool, aswell helps get more air in the engine when im doing a burnout then want to cool the motor down after it

ENV5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec, VC SL/E V8, 2x Lada Nivas
i bought mine from holdens for $45

Attachments

• DCAM0120.JPG
    DCAM0120.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 398
V

Vmike

where can i get a cia and a k&n flat panel filter for my just purchased Vs 2 Calais (1 owner, 117K) on the sunshine coast or nth bris?

V

Vmike

ps. after the last 5 yrs of driving euro-trash (audis), at last I'm in real car. Would appreciate any tuning tips or info - I'm more interested in smoothness and economy more than outright performance and I also need to tow my 1300kg trailer sailer - does anyone think I need an oil cooler or transmission cooler?
Really appreciate your help. Thanks.

syndosis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 94 Commodore
I recently bought the same CAI as ENV5 and have experianced the following :
Low end not a lot but smoother in acceleration,
Mid range noticeable punch increase and smoother acceleration
High range, a large amount of increase in punch. Was surprised at difference as didn't expect it.

Whether you get it from a shop or cheap off ebay they are a great inexpensive mod that you should notice the diff with.

My economy over 3 tanks of petrol don't seem to be way different but can say that with the same work pre CAI, I get around an extra 20 kms and once an extra 33kms.

Hope this helps a little as to my story with a CAI. Running a standard filter too so expecting a slightly better story when I put my K&N filter in soon.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
For a vs auto? yes get a trans cooler. They have a tendancy to get very hot when towing. If its just a towing/family car a vs s/c cai might be the best bet. Also you can get memcals which will alter the engine to suit towing applications.