Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

are these cold air intake kits any good??

stateo 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vs serries111 statesman 5.0

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
having nothing is betterthan an ss reductions one
do yourself a favour though & price these parts at a dealer...
or try Holmart Wreckers in Melbourne

Rob

A

AdamIan69

I fitted SS inuction cai to my VR and i never looked back, i thought it was well worth the money. i also installed the supercharged v6 cai to his VR and i personally think that ss inductions look better and will deffinatly flow more air, but to what extent i do not know...

haloeight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato SII L67 S/C V6
i do believe last time i was at motor traders (coventrys), they were selling these units around the $67 dollar mark new, and you dont get stung $15 post

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
I got myself a SS Inductions CAI about 6 months ago off ebay, brand new with the modified bottom of air box for $50 plus $15 for shipping from Adelaide and i've never looked back really. It looks awesome sitting on top of the radiator (look at my other posts i do have pics of under the bonnet) and i have noticed better top end response. Economy wise...well to tell you the truth i never really took notice of economy before i put it on and after soooo lol. I suppose you can't justify the price tag of the SS Inductions CAI that are selling upward of $150 but if you can get one cheap like i did, then get it. As for the s/c CAI, i reckon you would get better than standard top end response also, only because of the force fed cold air at higher speeds into the bigger mouth. I've heard of people opening the mouth up to a bigger size on the s/c CAI as well simply by using a hair dryer or heat gun and opening the lip of it to allow for more air to enter.

Just my 2cents worth,
Cheers,
Boojakz.

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
Here's a pic of my SS Inductions CAI.

Cheers,
Boojakz.

Attachments

• P7050002.jpg
    P7050002.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 5,639

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
Being on a low budget for automotive mods I love seeing custom intakes

Have a good think about what you want to do, plan and read, and you'll do something yourself that will probably outperform some of the bolt on stuff, and cost a lot less. Just think about how to do it neatly.