Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are these features from the Calais VF Series II abandoned on the ZB Calais V?

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
I did a car comparison between the VF Series II Calais and the current ZB Calais V using the carsales.com.au car comparison guide. These features from the ZB were missing. Can someone vouch that this is actually correct as these are features I like (as we currently have a VF Calais and are looking to get a second car). Just tell me if any of the following are false.

1) Tachometer

2) Alarm - Personal Safety (Panic)

3) Trailer Sway

4) Front Centre Armrest

5) Cargo Net

6) Entry/Exit light with fade out

7) Remote Fuel Lid Release

8) Illuminated (puddle lamps) Door Mirrors

9) Intermittent Wipers - Variable

10) Passenger Side Seat Electric Adjustment
Passenger Side Seat with Electric Lumbar

11) Adjustable headrests in the front

12) Remote Boot/Hatch Release

13) Chrome Finish on the Exterior Door Handles, the Exhaust Tips

14) The Electric Mirrors on the side auto dip when reversing

15) The Exhaust is Stainless Steel but the ZB is not Stainless Steel just steel.

Also it states that the Suspension on the VF Series II is Touring but the Suspension on the ZB is Sports. Is that correct?

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
I did a car comparison between the VF Series II Calais and the current ZB Calais V using the carsales.com.au car comparison guide. These features from the ZB were missing. Can someone vouch that this is actually correct as these are features I like (as we currently have a VF Calais and are looking to get a second car). Just tell me if any of the following are false.

1) Tachometer

2) Alarm - Personal Safety (Panic)

3) Trailer Sway

4) Front Centre Armrest

5) Cargo Net

6) Entry/Exit light with fade out

7) Remote Fuel Lid Release

8) Illuminated (puddle lamps) Door Mirrors

9) Intermittent Wipers - Variable

10) Passenger Side Seat Electric Adjustment
Passenger Side Seat with Electric Lumbar

11) Adjustable headrests in the front

12) Remote Boot/Hatch Release

13) Chrome Finish on the Exterior Door Handles, the Exhaust Tips

14) The Electric Mirrors on the side auto dip when reversing

15) The Exhaust is Stainless Steel but the ZB is not Stainless Steel just steel.

Also it states that the Suspension on the VF Series II is Touring but the Suspension on the ZB is Sports. Is that correct?
16) ZBs are garbage

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
My VXR has most things the Calais V has, plus a couple of extras. So to be clear my answers assume you are asking the question if the ZB Calais V has the feature you list.
  1. No analog tachometer but there is a digital one available via the active driver display and/or head up display
  2. Not sure, probably not
  3. Not sure, probably not
  4. Yes
  5. Dealer accessory
  6. Yes
  7. No
  8. Yes
  9. Fully automatic rain sensing wipers
  10. Yes
  11. I believe the Calais-V does have adjustable headrests, my car doesn't
  12. No
  13. Door handles yes, exhaust is buffed stainless steel.
  14. Not sure, the fact the car has a reversing camera with 360 degree view inset would make that feature redundant anyway
  15. Not sure
All ZB Commodores have a touring suspension setup. The top models get a Sport drive mode but only in the VXR does this affect the suspension setup. However, the ride does vary throughout the range. The journo's all reckon the Calais V Tourer gets the plushest ride as it has the softest setup. If that is what you're after you might want to test drive one in addition to the Calais-V.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Hi Benny,
I believe you'll find that the ZB Calais has the vast majority of the things you're looking for and is a pretty decent upgrade in terms of technology with things like adaptive cruise control, 9 speed auto, LED matrix headlights, 4WD, torque vectoring and quite a few other things your VF hasn't got. The best person to pick the small nuances between the two is you. I suggest you go and test drive one.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hi Benny,
I believe you'll find that the ZB Calais has the vast majority of the things you're looking for and is a pretty decent upgrade in terms of technology with things like adaptive cruise control, 9 speed auto, LED matrix headlights, 4WD, torque vectoring and quite a few other things your VF hasn't got. The best person to pick the small nuances between the two is you. I suggest you go and test drive one.

304Kw, 570Nm? Yeah, didn't think so...

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
304Kw, 570Nm? Yeah, didn't think so...
I'll get shot down here but the ZB V^and 4 cylinder is quite impressive to drive as an everyday car. I love my V8(s) but I don't mind the Calais V and VXR with all the new tech. They handle very well too.

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
Drove the VXR. Could not see any evidence of the GPS showing the speed zones on the map. Coming from a VF where the current speed zone is displayed on the GPS I asked the sales person. He said that it can be turned on. Is that correct? As I can't find a manual for the ZB online and could not find where to change the settings to show the speed zones. Can someone who had a ZB tell me if this is available?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline MY15 Series 1
When I test drove a VXR I noticed the same thing. I asked, and the salesman told me that they dropped that feature "because everyone uses their smartphone for maps now" which was not an acceptable answer to me. The HUD in the ZB is actually a step down from the VF's in my opinion, and that was just one of many small niggles which helped me decide to keep the VF for a while longer. I wonder if the series 2 will fix that (if there will be one in Australia).