Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are these key markings or just a result of old paint?

Discussion in 'VT - VX Holden Commodore (1997 - 2002)' started by Vees, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Vees

Vees Member

Members Ride:
    VX Storm Ute
  2. _R_J_K_

_R_J_K_ Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Zenki S14
    They're scratches, could be from anything. Dodgy paint doesn't produce scratches.

Could be from somebody brushing up against the car as they walked past, who knows. They look like they should come put with a polish though.

3. ryan101

ryan101 New Member

Members Ride:
    vx ss
    Looks like someone has walked passed and scraped there bag ect against it!
    Most of it will compound out or minimize it

4. Vees

Vees Member

Members Ride:
    VX Storm Ute
    I was thinking the same thing, I do luckily have some polish so I'll give that a try.

Also I just noticed there is a bit more on that side panel.

http://i.imgur.com/5eJ4xF3.jpg

Kinda looks ugly. Better get to work.

5. billythakid

billythakid New Member

Members Ride:
    vx II Executive
    Welcome to the world of no respect anymore , even if anyone knew they scratched it , the don't give a **** and keep going ,
    I had a chick open her door into mine and rock the car ( I was in it ) and she said " oh that happens a lot cause my door hinges are busted ! "
    Lucky it hit the sidestep of the patrol and not the door

6. Nut Kracker

Nut Kracker Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VT SS 304ci (195i)
    If you're not sure how long they've been there for,
    they could have been there before you bought it and haven't noticed.

No one can say for sure what they're from.....could be anything.

They're common scratches. **** happens. Buff 'em out.

7. gossie

gossie Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE International 3.6L
    Always park your car well away from where ANYBODY can hit or scrape it.

Not being about to sounding too smartar55, but my VE is coming up to 6 years old, and does NOT have one mark on the body, because it get parked well away from the "good not give a sh1t morons" that live in our society.

8. Vees

Vees Member

Members Ride:
    VX Storm Ute
    I polished off the marks and it looks better than before. But now I realise there is some on the other side as well almost in the same position as the marks on the left. Makes me wonder if it was something else now.

9. WHCapriceHBD

WHCapriceHBD Member

Members Ride:
    01 VX
    I had a similar thing happen to my GT- at a car show some rather large round guy tried to look inside the window, so he got up close to the side of the car, and he was wearing a metal belt buckle- like a big harley davidson buckle or something. Marked the paintwork a bit. Stopped taking it to car shows after that.

Other times I've sat in my car and watched (mostly old snobby women as the culprits) come bustling out of shopping malls with a phone in one hand, handbags and shopping bags in the other, rubbing and squeezing themselves between parked cars, brushing the metal buckles on their stupid handbags and their #$%^&* all down the sides of other people's empty parked cars. They don't care either. They're too self absorbed and in a hurry to get to their stupid Land Rover or Audi 4WD and terrorize people on the road so they can get home quicker to their twice-mortgaged house and their fake, loveless marriages and yell at their spouses and try to live like Australian Kardashians.

.... I didn't realize how angry those sorts of people make me. I reserve a special place in hell for people who brush up against any of my cars and then turn to me when I challenge them and they give me the "What? Its just a Holden/just a GT/just an RX-7" etc. Those sorts of "people" don't know or understand the amounts of work that gets put into things that I worked and paid good money to be able to own. And then they breed and they raise litters of kids and they teach them to behave the same way- disrespect other people's things because thats how mummy & daddy act, and they're above everyone else. Have you ever parked a long way away from other cars, and then some %^&*#$% comes along and parks right next to you in the middle of nowhere, and they have kids... The kids swing their doors open with the force of 1000 angry Gods, banging them into your car, and the precious little %^&*s dont give a stuff, and neither do the parents.

.... I keep getting out of hand. I'd better stop now. Some cutting and buffing should minimize those marks....

10. phillmac

phillmac New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
    My car only has one mark in over 3 years. Can't always avoid using a car park. If it's not the kids back doors it's always a fat lard arse struggling to get their body out or swinging the door out 1st to make room. If caught and not compensated my boot will take revenge.

11. Vees

Vees Member

Members Ride:
    VX Storm Ute
    Annoying how people don't really give a ****. That and a mix of jealousy. Little do they know we all work hard for what we have, and some people don't care for anything but themselves. I agree with everything you say WHCapriceHBD.

12. billythakid

billythakid New Member

Members Ride:
    vx II Executive
    Usually the ones that don't care are the ones with no pride in anything they own , in their peanut mind a car is a car and gets you from here to there and that's it .

Hell my 12 Yr old VX is still tidy and kept clean inside and out
    Our house is a 36 yrs old 2 storey but is kept tidy inside and out. ( as much as possible with 2 kids) but we have pride in stuff and keep it as respectable as possible

Unlike the grubs we bought the house off , man we spent weeks cleaning gunk from places and filling holes in the walls to repaint

15 kgs in crack filler to do upstairs only !!! Glad my brother is a painter and said he'd paint it all for $1000 !!! Took him 2 weeks instead of 4 days Ha ha I felt sorry for him ;)

13. fuzzy2308

fuzzy2308 New Member

Members Ride:
    Plastic datsun
    I think WHCapriceHBD is spot on with it being belts and bag buckles

14. Commo Baba

Commo Baba Active Member

Members Ride:
    VX II Acclaim Wagon.
    Try having something like a vintage hotrod. Doesn't matter where you put it. rant rant rant.