Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are these key markings or just a result of old paint?

Vees

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Storm Ute

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
They're scratches, could be from anything. Dodgy paint doesn't produce scratches.

Could be from somebody brushing up against the car as they walked past, who knows. They look like they should come put with a polish though.

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Looks like someone has walked passed and scraped there bag ect against it!
Most of it will compound out or minimize it

Vees

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Storm Ute
I was thinking the same thing, I do luckily have some polish so I'll give that a try.

Also I just noticed there is a bit more on that side panel.

http://i.imgur.com/5eJ4xF3.jpg

Kinda looks ugly. Better get to work.

billythakid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx II Executive
Welcome to the world of no respect anymore , even if anyone knew they scratched it , the don't give a **** and keep going ,
I had a chick open her door into mine and rock the car ( I was in it ) and she said " oh that happens a lot cause my door hinges are busted ! "
Lucky it hit the sidestep of the patrol and not the door

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
If you're not sure how long they've been there for,
they could have been there before you bought it and haven't noticed.

No one can say for sure what they're from.....could be anything.

They're common scratches. **** happens. Buff 'em out.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Always park your car well away from where ANYBODY can hit or scrape it.

Not being about to sounding too smartar55, but my VE is coming up to 6 years old, and does NOT have one mark on the body, because it get parked well away from the "good not give a sh1t morons" that live in our society.

Vees

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Storm Ute
I polished off the marks and it looks better than before. But now I realise there is some on the other side as well almost in the same position as the marks on the left. Makes me wonder if it was something else now.

WHCapriceHBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX
I had a similar thing happen to my GT- at a car show some rather large round guy tried to look inside the window, so he got up close to the side of the car, and he was wearing a metal belt buckle- like a big harley davidson buckle or something. Marked the paintwork a bit. Stopped taking it to car shows after that.

Other times I've sat in my car and watched (mostly old snobby women as the culprits) come bustling out of shopping malls with a phone in one hand, handbags and shopping bags in the other, rubbing and squeezing themselves between parked cars, brushing the metal buckles on their stupid handbags and their #$%^&* all down the sides of other people's empty parked cars. They don't care either. They're too self absorbed and in a hurry to get to their stupid Land Rover or Audi 4WD and terrorize people on the road so they can get home quicker to their twice-mortgaged house and their fake, loveless marriages and yell at their spouses and try to live like Australian Kardashians.

.... I didn't realize how angry those sorts of people make me. I reserve a special place in hell for people who brush up against any of my cars and then turn to me when I challenge them and they give me the "What? Its just a Holden/just a GT/just an RX-7" etc. Those sorts of "people" don't know or understand the amounts of work that gets put into things that I worked and paid good money to be able to own. And then they breed and they raise litters of kids and they teach them to behave the same way- disrespect other people's things because thats how mummy & daddy act, and they're above everyone else. Have you ever parked a long way away from other cars, and then some %^&*#$% comes along and parks right next to you in the middle of nowhere, and they have kids... The kids swing their doors open with the force of 1000 angry Gods, banging them into your car, and the precious little %^&*s dont give a stuff, and neither do the parents.

.... I keep getting out of hand. I'd better stop now. Some cutting and buffing should minimize those marks....

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
My car only has one mark in over 3 years. Can't always avoid using a car park. If it's not the kids back doors it's always a fat lard arse struggling to get their body out or swinging the door out 1st to make room. If caught and not compensated my boot will take revenge.